TMNT Chapter 6

"When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

It's where my demons hide..."

     I was listening to Demons by Imagine Dragons on my phone while I was walking through the streets of Manhattan. I left without telling the turtles. I've been avoiding them for the past 4 weeks. After the first week they were getting suspicious of my behavior; being locked in my room, only coming out to eat or shower. Now, however, they're worried. I don't blame them, I haven't talked to them properly in a month, but I have no choice. My feelings for Raph have not died down, in fact, they have grown even more since I've distanced myself from him.

     I knew that I would get a lecture when I got back to the lair, but right now I need the cool early spring air to clear my head. I suddenly felt myself bump into someone and quickly turned to that person. "Oh, I'm so sorry." the person turned to me and I saw that he was a man about in his 50s. He looked like he was Eric Sacks from the news. He smiled and at me and said, "It's alright. No harm was done. It happens all the time." I returned the smile and nodded. "Ok. Hey-aren't you Eric Sacks from the news when they talk about the Foot Clan or something like that?"

     He chuckled, "That obvious, huh? Tell me, what is a young 15-year-old girl like you doing walking around New York by herself?" I sighed and said, "I had to clear my head. You see, I have feelings for my best friend and I don't want to ruin our friendship so I thought that if I hid my feelings and avoided him then they'll go away." "And how's that working out for you?" I gave another sigh. "Not well. The more I avoid him, the more my feelings for him grow. So I thought a walk would help me think." He nodded before saying, "Hmm...well I was just on my way to get some lunch. Would you like to join me? Maybe I can help you out. I'm actually quite good at helping people out with these sort of situations. And also I would like to see my co-worker's daughter once again." I made a confused look. "Wait, what are you talking about?" "Your father was one of my oldest and best co-worker. We worked together when we were young and he told me all about you. I even met you once when you were five." I looked through my memories and remembered a man that came over with my dad and he played with me a lot. I gasped, "Now I remember. You were that guy who my dad would bring over to discuss work with. And also you babysat me a few times. Oh my gosh...it's so good to see you again." I smiled and gave him a small hug.

     Once I pulled away Mr. Sacks smiled and pointed to a small café to the right. "Now how about that lunch?" I nodded and followed him. I can't believe this. After all these years I'm finally reunited with my dad's old friend. It'll be nice to catch up with him again.

---Time skip to 45 minutes later---

      I smiled and laughed as Mr. Sacks shared a funny memory of my father. My father used to accidentally use the wrong chemicals when making an experiment and it would explode in his face and he would then blame it on the chemicals, never himself. It was a good memory.

     Sacks smiled and said, "Yeah, he used to be a real clown, but he was a good friend. Would always stick up to what he believed in. I can't believe he's gone." I smiled sadly and nodded. "He was a good father. We would always go out every Sunday when my parents were still together and have a picnic in the park and go fishing in the pond. Now we can't do that." I let a single tear roll down my cheek.

      He put a hand on my arm and gave me a look of sympathy. "I'm so sorry." I smiled. "Thanks. So you said that you could help me out with my feelings for my best friend problem?" He nodded and said, "Yeah. You said you were going to keep your feelings from him. Why?" I sighed, "Because we've been best friends ever since I was 8, along with his brothers. I'm afraid that if I tell him about how I feel, then he wouldn't feel the same way and would reject me. Then our friendship would be super awkward. Is that normal?"

     He nodded his head yes. "Oh yeah. Friendships are precious, you don't want to do anything that might hurt it. However, if you keep bottling up your feelings, then it'll just get worse and eventually something will happen that will break that friendship more than your feelings would. My suggestion is that you tell him your feelings anyway. He might feel the same way about you." "What if he doesn't?" "Then get together and talk about it. If he's a true friend, then he'll understand." I thought about it for a minute and smiled. "Thanks, Mr. Sacks. I-_ I got cut off from a text. I looked and saw it was from Donnie.

"Where the heck are you?! We're worried sick! -Donnie"

I sighed and replied back.

"I'm fine. I'm having lunch with a friend. I'll be home in 10 minutes. -Rosa"

     I looked at Sacks with a sad smile. "Sorry. I have to go. My friends are worried sick about me since I never actually told them I left." He chuckled and stood up as well as me. "I understand. Take care of yourself, Rosa. And take my advice." I hugged him and smiled. "I will. And you too." We nodded at each other before parting ways.

     I walked down the streets to the alley and lifted the manhole cover. I jumped in and closed the manhole before walking down the sewer lines. My heart started pounding at every move I took. I can't believe I'm going to do this. Am I really going to tell Raph my feelings for him? What if he doesn't feel the same way? What it makes our friendship go down the drain? Then another question popped into my head. What if he feels the same way? Maybe there's a chance for me.

     I made it to the lair and yelled, "Hello? I'm back!" Then a ruckus of footsteps came running into the dojo, which revealed to be the footsteps of my four turtle friends. Mikey ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I gasped and patted his head. "We were so worried about you dudette. We didn't see you anywhere and you didn't leave a note." I nodded slightly and said through breaths, "Uh...Mikey...need to breathe you know." He instantly pulled away and I gulped gallons of air. "Sorry." I coughed and said, "It's okay. And I'm sorry I didn't let you know. I just needed to clear my head for a bit."

     Leo shook his head, "Well it's good that you're safe." I nodded and walked past them to my room. I put my phone and purse on my bed and laid down with a sigh. I stared at the ceiling for hours wondering what to do until I heard a knock on the door. I snapped out of my daydreaming by saying, "Come in." The door opened to reveal Raph. I sat up and smiled at him nervously. "Uh, hey. What are you doing here?" Raph gave me a crazy look. "You've been in here for 5 hours. We were worried so I came to check on you." "Wow, 4 hours? It felt like 4 minutes."

     I let him sit on the bed next to me. We looked at each other before we blushed and looked away. I took a few breaths before saying, "Um, Raph. I-I need to tell you something." He nodded. "Okay. Shoot." My hands started sweating and I bit my lip. "I-I, um, Raph for some time I've h-had um.." I stopped and looked at him. Raph nodded for me to continue. 

     "Raph I l-" I was cut off by Donnie yelling, "Guys! We got Foot Clan activity in the subway!" Raph sighed and looked at me. "I'm sorry Rosa. I have to go." I smiled and nodded. "It's okay. I understand. Go." He left and closed the door. Once he was gone I let the tears fall.

Just when I was going to tell him.