Sawada Tsunayoshi

Disclamer: Katekyo Hitman Reborn belongs to Akira Amano. This is a work of fiction not for profit. 

Sitting in his desk, looking nonchalantly at the papers in his hands suddenly the brunette slammed his hands on his desk. It was too much; he couldn't handle the weight on his shoulders.

Getting up he made his way to his bookcase made of glass and took the bottle of a fancy wine; he looked shallowly at the wine being poured in his glass and then drank it in a single gulp to throw himself on the cozy sofa next to him.

He looked lazily at the ornamented ceiling and closed his eye.

Why did she have to die?

Leaving them behind; leaving him behind.

It was selfish. She was selfish.

And so he was. He knew about her pregnancy yet he told no one; did nothing.

Till the end he did nothing but hurting her and people around him.

"It's not your fault Tsuna. Get a hold of yourself; you're the boss. If you show yourself strong in such situation, you will help your friends more than you would by keeping on lamenting yourself."

Is what Reborn said.

Is what he did.

But now, after his friends grieved, he felt that he still didn't.

He sighed, "I'm such a weak boss... such an unreliable friend."

Ever since he knew Haru, he did nothing but hurting her; first getting her involved in the dangerous world of the mafia.

Then, by not taking her feeling for him into consideration when he started dating Kyoko.

How much he had –and still does– loathed himself for that.

He still remembered when she happily broke the news of her engagement with him.

He smiled remembering the horrified look on his face and his friends'. They all knew she would find someone worthy of her one day, but no one expected it would be that man.

He tried talking to her about her relationship with him but, whenever he saw the smile that lit up her face when she heard his name, he concluded that it was what she wanted and he had no reason to meddle in it.

His smile died when he remembered the day he heard the news of her pregnancy. He was happy for her, but his super intuition gave him a bad feeling.

"Congratulations Haru!"

"Thank you Tsuna-san." She smiled tenderly.

And after a short silence,

"There are some risks." Commented Shamal, who was present that day; he was sitting professionally in Tsuna's house where he and Haru suddenly dropped by.

He knew something like that was coming, he asked nervously "what kind of risks?"

"There are chances she would die after the delivery."

"Chances?" he insisted.

"85%." Doctor Shamal's voice broke.

He felt himself shaking, he wanted to talk but no voice came out of his mouth; looking up at her he found her smiling. Yes smiling.

"How about an abortion?"

"We can't." Shamal responded.

"W-Why?" he was getting impatient, he was going to explode. He wasn't even sure if he was going to cry or yell; until she talked,

"I'm past six weeks, an abortion now is more risky because of my frail body, plus," she touched her –still– flat belly, smiling, "he wants this child I can't deprive him of it –desu."

"D-does he know?" he wasn't sure how he could pronounce that sentence, "that this might... kill you?"

She smiled.

That smile that never left her face.

She was always smiling.

How much he wanted that smile back.

Closing his eyes slowly he drifted into a deep slumber.

'You know Haru, when spring fades away all that is left is the lonely wide blue sky.'