Hibari Kyoya

Disclamer: Katekyo Hitman Reborn belongs to Akira Amano. This is a work of fiction, not for profit.

If he knew that such sadness could occur, he would've never permitted himself to fallen in love.

He was the mightiest warrior, the strongest guardian and the best of the best.

She was a simple woman, a crazy young lady and the most beautiful.

Hibari Kyoya still remembered the day he met Miura Haru. At that time he regarded her as one of Sawada's fellow herbivores; it took him a long time to discover that she was actually an omnivore, and it took him even longer to understand the feelings he harbored for the brunette.

The day he finally held her in his arms, he vowed to never let her go. Never.

But life had other plans for them; the world took her away from him; she, whom he loved more than anything else.

The time they spent together seemed to pass by him like a swift wind and the moment she pronounced her last breath time had stopped.

The skylark had always believed he was an empty shell, incapable of having feelings, of loving, of caring, but she proved him wrong. She proved that he was also a human being capable of having feelings, of loving, of caring and being hurt.

Haru was a weird phenomenon to Hibari, but a welcomed one.

'Hibari! Hibari!' The little yellow bird chirped happily, flying over the skylark.

It was an irritating sunny day for Hibari; he walked down the streets of Namimori passing by beautiful Sakura trees which soured the skylark's mood even more.

"Hibird!" A familiar annoyingly-sweet voice called out.

The raven haired male did not bother stopping when he heard his yellow friend chirp in response, 'Haru! Haru!'

That herbivore named Haru was the only person aside Hibari, whom Hibird actually liked. Ironic as it sounds, she was the one who named the bird 'Hibird.'

For Hibari, it was officially a bad day.

He looked annoyingly at the brunette with him; she was some kind of herbivore who confessed her love for him a few days ago. Him being a gentlemen, rejected her with a simple "I'll bite you to death!" and much to his surprise the young girl smiled and said, "Hahi! Haru is so happy –desu!"

From that day on, he started crossing paths with her more frequently, and she would end up following him everywhere.

Hibari wasn't sure where he was going anymore; he simply walked down the endless road listening to her talking about something he couldn't really catch as he was lost in his thoughts.

Suddenly his phone rang; Haru watched with amusement the skylark pull out his mobile phone; Namimori middle school's anthem, "who would've thought!" She chuckled.

Few words were exchanged before Hibari sighed, "I'm coming."

Haru understood it was a urgent matter, and bid goodbye to the skylark, a bit disappointed.

"Herbivore." He muttered out of the blue.

Upon hearing him, Haru screamed her lungs out, "Hahi! Hibari-san, Haru told you over and over again, it's Haru, H.A.R.U –desu!"

Somehow, without him realizing, her blabbering was not annoying anymore; it was more like a pleasant song resounding in his ears.

"Kyoya," he responded, as he started to walk away, "It's Kyoya."

Haru never noticed his lips forming a smile.

Hibari was angry with Haru, with Tsuna and Shamal for hiding that matter from him. But most importantly, he was angry with himself for not being there for her when she needed him the most.

Miura Haru was a weird woman, she had always been.

She was a person who cared for others more than her own self, a person who never let down her friends and loved ones. She was the spring which made life merrier.

Miura Haru was Hibari Haru; Hibari Kyoya's beloved omnivore.

The day he lost her, the world stopped moving and he fell into the depths.

'You know Haru, even if spring fades away, I will love you... forever and ever.'