Hibari Natsu

Disclamer: Katekyo Hitman Reborn belongs to Akira Amano. This is a work of fanfiction, not for profit.

The sun was shining brightly that day; it was going to be a long tiring hot summer day, one, which he will never forget.

A young raven haired boy ran through the lively roads of Namimori, looking at his watch, his eyes widened. 'I'm late, I'm late! He's definitely angry now!'

Gokudera Hayato stood like a guard at the door of the Sawada estate smoking a cigarette, harboring a grumpy expression.

"Hayato, he's coming; there's no need for you to agitate yourself like this." Bianchi said as she approached him.

"He's late!" The bomber growled, "We're going to miss the beginning of the game!"

Just as the older sibling was about to respond, footsteps were heard and Hayato's eyebrow twitched at the child in front of him. "Sorry I'm late, uncle Hayato!" the raven haired boy said, out of breath; Gokudera snapped, "Do you know what time it is kid!?"

"S-s-sorry!"

"Hayato stop, you're scaring Natsu," she said, cropping down next to the child, "Let's just get going already."

Natsu hurried behind Bianchi and got into the car, sitting in the back seat driver; Gokudera turned on the engine, and drove off. The young raven haired boy watched the fading scenery of his house. He opened the window and closed his eyes; the earthy fragrance after rain and the wonderful, evocative odor of mown grass was still distinguishable; the sweet scent of spring was still fresh, even though it was vanishing with the beginning of summer.

He had always wondered what kind of person was his father; Hibari Natsu did not know his parents. His mother died after giving birth to him, and his father abandoned him to the care of Bianchi and the Sawadas. Even though the young boy was surrounded by caring people, he did feel lonely.

Truth to be told, he did not hate his father. More like, he loved him more than anything else, and he wanted to know more about him, but whenever he asked about his father, they all said the same casual nice things, 'Vongola's strongest guardian.' 'A nice guy, to the extreme!' 'He used to be scary... he still is.' 'He considers Mukuro-sama as his archenemy.' 'Tch, a damn sadist.' 'He is a discipline freak, ahahahaha!'

On the other hand, his mother was described as a lovely weirdo who loved to cosplay Namahage, and this was confirmed by the pictures and videos that Reborn enjoyed showing him.

Now, at the age of seven, Natsu knew everything about his family and the mafia, but the only question he asked himself most of time was, 'How the hell did these two fall in love?' The love that his parents shared was a great mystery to him, they were nothing alike. "It just happened." Bianchi one said. That answer satisfied him.

As the car stopped, the young boy looked up and grinned; the three of them got out of the engine and Natsu ran in the direction of the benches, leaving behind him the two siblings arguing. Today was the final match of the Baseball Champions' Challenge that was held in Namimori. The loved Namimori team, whose coach was no one else than Yamamoto Takeshi, was qualified up against a skilled opponent.

Natsu walked to the V.I.P benches of the Vongola and soon spotted his aunt Kyoko and her children, so he hurried toward them; when he noticed that they hadn't seen him, he teasingly poked Tsubaki on her tights taking her by surprise. She gasped at the tickle and turned around, only to meet Natsu's grinning face.