Warm Hands|(5)|

After tests and the results are in:

3rd Person Pov

"IT'S A MIRACLE I PASSED!!"

Nishinoya and Tanaka were chanting as the danced around the gym to their victory. Hinata and Kageyama were slumped on the floor. They had failed one of their tests, and so they couldn't go to the trip.

"It's okay guys!! Do your make up tests tomorrow and I have a plan! Don't worry yous will make it to Tokyo!"

Hinata's eyes lit up, but Kageyama continued looking as glum as ever.

Shiraishi Pov

I giggled to myself at their polar opposite reactions. I had passed all of my exams like I knew I would, and had taken the top place yet again. I could go to the trip, but I knew I would from the start anyway.

Yachi had passed as well and got 7th overall on her exams. It was going to be great spending extra time to get to know her better, and to be surrounded by all the things Volleyball for a whole week. This was going to be a great trip.

"Yachi wanna go get a drink with me?" I asked

"Sure!"

We walked out of the gym towards the closest vending machine and I bought strawberry milk. As I picked it up I saw Tsukishima walk into the gym. Our eyes briefly locked into contact, but I turned away before my whole face was flushed red.

I hadn't spoken to him since the hand holding thing, and that had been weeks ago. I was beginning to wonder if the whole kiss and confession thing was some kind of sick joke, because if it wasn't, then what the hell was with him!?

We both walked back into the gym as Coach Ukai began to talk.

"Okay guys! The trip starts tomorrow and it's gonna be an early start! Be here by 6 am at the latest with all of your belongings that you plan to bring. Don't be late, or we WILL leave without you. Have a good early sleep, and be on time tomorrow!"

"OKAY!!"

Everyone shouted, their voices full of excitement. The trip was getting closer, and I knew that I wouldn't get any sleep to tonight.

"Yachi!!"

I called over to the blonde.

"Wanna walk home together??"

She smiled and nodded her head vigorously.

"Okay!! I'll be a second!!"

She came back a minute later with her bag, and ran over to me.

"Ready?"

She nodded and I smiled. Walking with Yachi was fun. There was never a single moment of akward silence between us. We were always talking about random things, and it always cheered me up.

Timeskip

11:30 pm

I sighed and got out my phone. No matter how much I wanted to sleep, I was just unable to. I searched for Yachi's phone info and texted her.

-Hey Yachi-chan sorry it's late but are you awake? Can't sleep DX-

I got a reply almost immediately.

-Hey Miuna-chan! Yeah I'm awake too (obviously XD) can't sleep either DX. So excited for tomorrow!!-