Anything for you

You and Joe walk slowly, hand in hand down the frosted sidewalk.  You are bundled up in all your winter clothing, as is Joe. As Joe considers a thick jacket and a jumper is warm enough for him, yet you are still freezing in all your layers.

"Look at the beautiful wildlife," Joe speaks in one of his voices, "look there seems to be a lost squirrel in a tree." He points to a small person next a tree.

You let out a small giggle and pat him on his arm, "Joe!"

He looks at you and smiles while giving your hand a small squeeze of endearment.

After a year of dating you still blush when he looks at you, "Gosh. I really do love you."

You both stop in your tracks and face each other. Joe pulls you closer to his body, leaning his face only inches away from yours. He searches your eyes as he takes your face into his warm hand, and ever so gently he kisses you. Your lips fit nicely against his, and both of your lips dance with each other as if they have rehearsed many times before.

Joe releases his welcoming lips from yours, "I think I'm ready to meet them." He smiles to you.

"Really?" You look at him, almost about to burst into happiness

Joe lets out a small chuckle, "Anything for you."

Joe was ready to finally meet your parents, and  you were defiantly ready too.