Negotiation

To be dating Joe was like an impossible dream to you, and you only saw it as a dream. Through improbable events you somehow got Joe as your boyfriend, and the best part of it was that no one knew. Of course naturally you would love to yell at the top of your lungs of how loved you felt but you both knew the outcome if you two opened your guy's relationship up to the world. Plus, as a natural concern, you two don't know how long your relationship would last. So from that you two could both be hurt through social media. And some days one of you would just want to burst....

_________________________________

You laid sprawled out on your couch listening to Joe sing to his music that played through the kitchen and gliding into the lounge where you recited, you could smell the starving aroma of spaghetti from where you laid.

"I think today should be the day." Joe called from the kitchen

You carried yourself up from the couch and walked to the entryway of the kitchen, "For what?"

You lean onto the doorway in your saggy pjs as Joe mixed the sauce on the stove. He had you mesmerized by how his body would tense up as he picked the pans up, and how clumsy he could be one second and in moments he could be swift. You couldn't help yourself.

"About us." Joe calmly stated as he placed out two plates onto the counter.

Your heart jumped at the thought of finally telling your external friends, finally going out as a couple and not as friends or in a group. To finally speak out of how much you adore Joe.

Your heart sank with in a second, "Joe..."

Before you could finish your sentence Joe stopped you, "Hear me out, love. We've been together for a while now that we have accounts dedicated to us. And they practically already know we're together and there were too many times that one of us slipped or our friends slipped that not everyone would barge at us." Joe mixed the spaghetti with the sauce quickly and he then began to scrape the beautifully smelling dinner onto the plates.

Joe placed the pan back onto the stove and got two sets of forks and knives as you took both the plates of food to the table with Joe following behind you, "I don't know, Joe. Do you really want to talk about this again?"

Joe and you sit down at the table, "I don't know."

You look at Joe from across the table to see his confused face, and he just gives you a small smile.

"Alright then. How would we do it then?" You say as you pick up your fork.

______________

While you two ate dinner you guys talked about your relationship and how to bring it out and now you and Joe are writing ideas out in your guy's shared bed.

You wrote the last bit and straightened your hunched back, "If we do this I want a puppy." you smile to him.

Joe looks at you as his head is leaned against the bedframe, "What about I get you a stuffed pup?" he teases

You cross your legs as your set the idea paper on your lap, "Okay. Let's negotiate this then. If we go your way to come out I'll cook all meals for two months." Joe's face brightened up at this, "BUT if we go your way you have to go to my family picnic with me that's coming up."

Joe's face farrowed his eyebrows, "I was already going to go.." he chuckled a little.

"Oh yeah! Okay so then you have to massage my back whenever I ask for those two months." you smile

Joe let out a heavy sigh, "Okay. But what if we come out your way?"

You resituated your body in the bed, "If we go out my way you have to make all meals for two months, but I'll have to..." you went blank as you try to think of a 'punishment' equal to his.

Joe spoke up, "if we go my way you have to fold and put away all our laundry for those two months."

Not fazed you give him the idea paper, "okay. So how will we find out who's idea should be used?"

Joe looks over the paper with his thinking face on, "we can do a poll."

"So we're going to ask them which way they want us to come out?" you ask confused.

"Pick a number."Joe says as he takes out his computer.

You're still confused but you answer, "5"

Joe types, "Okay I'll be...uh... 7."

The room is filled with the sound of his typing for a while but he is soon done.

"So what did you just do?" you ask as he puts his laptop away.

Joe looks at you with his beautiful smile, "I put a poll up to see what number they'd pick. 5 or 7."

You nod, "I see, smart!"

"You want to wait till tomorrow to see?" Joe asks.

You rub your eyeball of tempting sleep, "Yeah." you say as you yawn.

You both snuggle under the bed covers. Comfort roams around the room as you two face each other and your tired eyes.
Excitement spikes in your heart as reality kicks in. And you slowly fade into sleep, but before you do you saw Joe smile in Excitement and joy. You smile to yourself and let your sleep consume your mind.