Heaven on Earth

You haven't been feeling yourself lately, you have been feeling-not beautiful. You tried your best to think of all the nice comments that claimed how pretty you are, and how funny you are. You tried your best to try to think of all the good parts of you, but you couldn't seem to get all the negative comments out of your mind.

'No likes you.'

'They are lying.'

'You are too hairy.'

'You're too fat.'

'You're too skinny.'

'You are a try-hard.'

'You are nothing.'

You locked yourself into your bathroom to try to calm yourself down. You rested your back onto the wall facing the sink,with your head leaning toward the bathtub. Your knees were close to your chest as you tried hard to not cry, for Joe was down the hallway.

'You are such an attention seeker.'

Your mind began again with their words, you felt like you couldn't stop them.

"I am beautiful. I am strong." You try to whisper to yourself but you couldn't stop the flood in your eyes and the tsunami in your head. You put your damp face into your hands and let the tears roam free against your face.

Only seconds later you heard the bathroom door creak open. You raise your head up to see Joe with a worried face one. You looked at him with your puffed up eyes and red face, and with just that look you sat next you.

You let your wall fall down and began to sob as you leaned your body onto his lap. His strong warm arms wrapped around you like you were an elegant glass doll.

"I feel like nothing." You whimper out.

Joe doesn't say a word, he starts to run his fingers through your hair in a comforting rhythm.

"I just can't do it anymore." you whisper

Joe leans down and kisses your head, "Not without support." He whispers back to you.

You smile a sad smile, and your tears begin to slow down. Just by those three words you felt so much better, Joe's simple words helped you more than a whole book of compliments and positive sentences.

"You're my heaven." You say as you wipe away your tears

Joe continues to run his fingers through your hair, "And you are world."