Meet You There

You could remember so clearly of his beautiful smile.

Just like it was yesterday you could feel his loving arms around your body.

You could feel his heartbeat beating heavily against your chest.

His stunning eyes still looked upon your beautiful body.

You could vividly feel his fingers linger against your skin.

His laugh rippled its way through your soul.

You lay weakly on the uncomfortable hospital bed, with the white sheets perfectly tucked under your legs. You can hear fast footsteps cross your door and many voices boom from the other side, yet you are alone in your dustless room. You weren't always alone, your children would pass through as much as possible, for they know your time will soon come.

You look down to your wrinkled hands and remember how soft they used to be, how Joe's warm hand would glide its way to yours. Fitting perfectly like a fallen leaf meeting the misty grass. A small smile came across your face as you could remember all the wonderful adventures you two had. You still wore your wedding ring, for it held memories that you could not remember but it reminded you every day that you are special to someone. That you are special to Joe, and always will be.

"You know," You spoke to the empty room, "I thought I was the one to go first." You chuckle a little to yourself.

You were never the greatest with words and expressing yourself, so all the words that crossed your mind to say just seemed wrong.

"But I guess...." You let out a light sigh, "you were the older one..."

The footsteps that you once heard were no more, and the voices seemed to stop. You could feel yourself sinking down into your bed as your nurse and doctor came into your room frantically.

"And you were always up...for...Competition."

The worried nurses and doctor mouthed something to you as you looked at them with fading eyes.
And you knew that your time was up.

With a struggling breath you spoke, "I'll....Meet....You......There."