Chapter I: Second Thoughts

Author's notes:  Hello again! Finally, I got the time to work on this. :) Again, just to remind everyone that this is the sequel to my other CCS story, "Right Here Waiting". If anyone is reading this first, I suggest that you try to read the first one so you wouldn't be that confused on what happened. Also, if anyone is also in fanfiction.net, please help me by giving reviews and suggestions. I have plans on how this story will go, but believe me, your suggestions will help me make the unexpected twists and turns. :) I hope you enjoy! Tell me your thoughts, okay? :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Syaoran's POV-

Moving on? This was possibly the most grueling thing especially if the person concerned was the person whom you had love with all your life. Fortunately, after a few years, I managed to get through... or so I thought. I guess there was no use lying, convincing myself that I had forgotten those every inch of pain installed in my heart.

Here I was, lying on a comfortable bed in a pitch dark room, the moon, my only source of light. My surrounding was quiet, as if a person could easily hear the sound of a needle striking through the ground and yet, this silence was nothing compared to what I was feeling. Kami, my emotions were full of madness, confusion...depression, slowly suffocating my soul.

I thought I was over her. Especially with Meiling now on my side I told myself that I finally got the happiness I deserved but fate did not seem to agree because with just one simple incident, all the barriers I built for the last five years went crashing down...without notice or warnings.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Flashback-

On the other side of the busy city of Hong Kong, a man on his early twenties was having a serious conversation with his mother on her Victorian balcony.

"Li Xiao Lang, do not make me repeat myself," an elegant yet icy voice warned her son.

"Mother, please understand," Syaoran plead respectfully to the leader of the wealthy Li Clan. "I'm not ready yet." He gazed lovingly at his mother, his amber eyes meeting her strict black ones.

Yelan smiled. She folded her arms on her chest and started to remember the only person she knew who held the same kind of attitude. He was the father of Syaoran, who died long ago. 'I thought his physical features were the only thing he got from him.'

"All right." Syaoran heard his mother after a long silence. "My son, a few months from now I will be on retirement."

With that simple statement, he already understood. "And as the only male heir of the clan, I would have to take your place, am I wrong?"

Yelan nodded, impressed on how fast her son registered everything on his mind. "This is something bestowed upon you even before your birth. I am sure your father will be more proud of you once you take his position as head of the Li Clan."

Syaoran gave his mother a small smile as he remembered his late father, who died when he was only three years old. If only circumstances had been different five years ago, he was positively sure that he wouldn't have any problems assuming the role as the head of their family right now. Syaoran turned his gaze at the Li's huge and elegant white manor and slowly closed his eyes, feeling the gentle cold breeze that carried the last remnants of winter. He opened his eyes when he felt a petal of cherry blossom touch his cheek and felt a painful pang on his heart at the sight. He sighed as he tried to maintain an apathetic face in front of his mother, not wanting to worry her.

'It's spring again', Syaoran thought silently to himself as he continued to watch the beautiful scenery in front of him. He used to love this time of the year because it reminded him of many wonderful things. It was the season of her favorite cherry blossoms, the season of her birthday and their first meeting.