Chapter 4: Pieces of the Past

"Good morning!" a beautiful lady greeted cheerfully as she opened the door. She barged boldly into the room, only to find the sleeping form of her younger brother. Seifa smiled warmly at the childish figure of the future Li Clan leader before reaching for the windows. Without a second thought, she opened the curtains, allowing the sunlight to touch Syaoran's face.

Syaoran groaned as he felt the rays of the sun. He stubbornly lifted the green covers up over his head and rolled towards the other side of the bed. It was a clear warning, which signified that he still wanted to spend time in his soft bed since it was already dawn when he was finally able to sleep in it.

Why? Well, thoughts about the mysterious girl he met yesterday haunted him incessantly without fail. Not to mention, he didn't know how to hide it from Meilin. He knew that she might understand, but talking about it would simply make him remember the past. Also, it had only been few days since Meilin accepted that their relationship was not simply an act.

Being surrounded by females all his life, Syaoran knew that girls naturally get worried about a lot of things in a given situation. And he didn't want that. He never wanted Meilin to doubt him, and he did not want Sakura to be a reason for that either.

"Leave me alone, Seifa."

The woman frowned, not liking the way things were going. She needed him today because of some important matters. She stared at him for a moment, hoping that he would stand up, but when he didn't, she harshly took away his covers. "Get up, you lazy bones!"

"I said, leave me alone." Syaoran answered back in a tired voice. He did not bother opening his eyes and instead silently prayed that Seifa would simply get out of his room without another word.

The youngest of Syaoran's sisters sighed in defeat and decided to just sit down on the edge of his bed. "Why are you so unfair to your own sister, Xiao Lang?" She asked in a cute, pleading voice. It was the same line she used whenever she needed a favor from her brother, and he was just too hardheaded to comply. "Yesterday you and Meilin left me alone with that little guardian of yours and now you—"

With a deep frown on his face, Syaoran listened attentively to every word his sister was saying. He couldn't believe that he was actually listening to his older sister. She sounded so childish, as if there was no seven year gap between them. Slowly, Syaoran finally decided to move and sit up. "Alright, what do you want?" he asked sleepily.

A sweet smile crossed Seifa's lips and seconds later, she had her arms thrown around him, making him jerk in surprise. "I knew it! You can't resist me!" she squealed.

Syaoran rolled his amber eyes in slight annoyance and just heaved another sigh. 'Why am I blessed with such a hyperactive sister?'"

"Anyway, my little brother..." She broke the hug to look at him. "I need you to accompany me to a meeting this morning. I have to meet a fashion designer. Fuutie said that she was Japanese, so I thought you could help me."

"What? Did you arrange a meeting with someone you've never even heard of? That could be dangerous Seifa," Syaoran reminded her, aware of his sister's naïve nature. With that, he also remembered times with Sakura. He remembered those moments that he had to look after Sakura or be with her most of the time since she was so innocent and dense.

-Flashback-

It was already night in Tomoeda, but two ten year old kids were still out. Sakura and Syaoran were at the Tsukimine Shrine once again, looking for another Clow Card.Yesterday, they had also been here, andhad captured the Maze card with the help of Kaho Mizuki.

"That teacher is here,right?" Syaoran asked as he looked at Sakura, who was sitting in thebranchesof the bigcherry blossomtree.