Chapter 2: Unexpected Meeting

-Flashback-

"Hurry up, Li Xiao Lang!" a female voice called out, sounding annoyed. Placing her right hand on her hip, she rolled her brown eyes then gazed at the young man who was steps away from her.

Syaoran groaned, not liking the idea of calling him by his full name in a mocking tone. Looking at the two ladies he was accompanied with, his eyes centered on the taller woman. 'Having Seifa around is not really a great idea,' he silently thought to himself while sighing.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm coming," he answered.

The other girl beside his youngest sister walked towards him. Meilin tried to grab her own bags to get things faster.

"H-hey!" Syaoran suddenly exclaimed while stopping her. He caught her hand, looking at her questioningly. "What do you think are you doing?"

Ruby eyes simply stared at him and then Meilin gave him a sweet smile and said, "It's alright. My things aren't that heavy anyway so I can manage." Then she removed his grasp on her to get the black travelling bag from him.

"But—"Syaoran insisted, but the girl shook her head.

Silencing him with a finger dropped on his lips, Meilin gave him another assuring smile, "No buts now. You know, I also want to get to the hotel as soon as possible. Our flight was quite long so my back is just itching to hit the bed."

With that determined look of hers, he didn't try arguing anymore. Syaoran started to walk again, following the two ladies in front of him.

After a few minutes in the car provided by the hotel, the three reached the place where they will stay for the next days. Like what was expected, many rich and known people were present. Businessmen, artists and some other influential people were all around the place, but the three casually entered. After all, they too, belong to the highest class of society.

Gazing at the grand hall, Syaoran began to wonder why the owner decided to sell it. He knew just by looking at the area that it was running pretty well.

"Good evening," Syaoran greeted the girl on the admission area, which was located on the center of the grand hall. "I am Mr. Xiao Lang Li. May I know where is the room reserved under my name?"

"Please wait a moment, sir," the lady smiled at him then looked down on her computer. She typed his name then after some clicks, she looked up once again, "The one reserved for you is Room 420, Mr. Li. It is located on the fourth floor so just leave your bags here and we'll get it in your room in a few minutes."

"Thank you very much." He flashed a smile at the lady as he received the key. Looking at the two girls behind him, Syaoran lead the way towards the elevator. He let them in first then followed.

They got out on the right floor, took the right wing and halted at the door that was far from the other rooms.

"I wonder how this room looks like," Seifa smirked, knowing her mother's taste. Since every time Yelan booked them in a hotel, the head of the Li clan made it sure that it would be extravagant.

Syaoran opened the door and found a royal hotel suite before him. The living room was spacious, containing a big plasma television with DVD player and a sofa set. Then next to it was a light-green colored kitchen and the dining room. On the right side of the suite were spacious bedrooms.

Meilin strolled around the place. She opened the door leading to the balcony and saw a breath-taking view of England. The busy streets of London were filled different lights, shining all over the place.

"This is so great!" she exclaimed happily, not removing her gaze at the magnificent and known city in front of her.

"Demo, your smile is greater in my view." Syaoran teased, making the girl blush. After so many years, he was glad that sweet words were simply coming out from him. Leaving Seifa's side, he approached Meilin and slipped one arm on her waist.