Chapter 5: Camera Lenses

Syaoran stood at the balcony, staring at the city lights. He took a sip of his glass of scotch as he admired the lively view before him. He might have traveled in different places, but England was somehow special to him. He held sort of memories here, but he never thought that after a few years all those would shake him.

Few days ago, he has life aligned. He was living his happy life, ready to take on the responsibilities of the only heir. However, meeting some people from his past in England were getting on his nerves.

Yes, he knew that it was not impossible for him to cross paths with Eriol. After all, this was his home. However, never in his dreams or imagination did he expect meeting him again in that situation. He sighed heavily and closed his eyes.

"Everything ok, Xiao Lang?"

Hearing her voice, Syaoran swallowed hard and composed himself. He opened his eyes, smiling at his soon to be fiancé. "How is the planning for the fashion show going?"

Meiling walked beside him, looking also at the amazing city view. It has always been like this. Whenever Syaoran was deep in thoughts, she would always just stay with him, hoping that he would speak up. "It's fine. Seifa and I managed to sort the collection of summer dresses. I still have some sketches to do though."

Syaoran remained silent, knowing what Meiling intended. He didn't know where to start, or even if he should.

"So where did you go earlier?"

'There is really no way that she will let me of the hook,' Syaoran said inwardly. He sighed in defeat. He took a quick sip on his drink and finally, focused on her. "I went to a cake shop and saw Hiiragizawa."

"Hiiragizawa?" Meiling echoed, raising a brow. She heard of that name before, but she couldn't remember when.

Nodding, Syaoran remembered that his cousin, and now girlfriend, didn't have a chance to meet the English man. It was weeks after she had gone back to China when Eriol showed up. Then when Meilin went back in Japan for a vacation, Eriol had already gone back to England. "Eriol Hiiragizawa. He is the reincarnation of Clow Reed."

"Oh," she muttered, then inquired, "what about him?"

Syaoran let himself be at ease first before continuing. "Surprisingly, he lost his memories. Well, not exactly all, but everything he did as Clow Reed was wiped out."

"Did you ask Keroberos about it?"

He shook his head. "Honestly, I don't know if it's still relevant to ask him or not."

Meiling understood. "There are a lot of possibilities of why it happened. Hiiragizawa is still Hiiragizawa after all. He is not merely a magician. Like you, he also deserves to live the life of a normal person."

"I can't help thinking, Mei. After all, I am a descendant of Clow Reed," he said, but also getting her point. He realized that perhaps Eriol knew that there would be no magical danger that would be coming to them now so he decided to give up his power. Besides, the real Master of Sakura Cards was dead, what could happen? Like before, the cards were sealed, but protected in his home. The only difference was that Kero had the privilege of living in the human world.

"It will be alright."

"Thank you, Meiling." Syaoran said then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Meilin smiled at this. She really loved the way Syaoran supplied his lost for words by actions. "It's my task. Is that all that was bothering you?"

Smiling back a little, he put his right hand on her left and gave it a squeeze. "Don't worry, I'll be alright."

"What about Daidouji-san?"