How does it feel?

Hey guys thank you so much for reading! I hope you're all enjoying and I think it's time to stir the pot a little so here goes!! Dedicated to creant for all her votes and support!! Thank you!!

If you find and error please tell me :)

“That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt” 

― John Green

How does it feel?

Aurora was so excited for her first day of work, she had gotten showered, dressed and eaten breakfast before her mother had even left for work. She found out that morning that her mother started work at eight in the morning because they actually had the chance to see each other off.

When the clock struck ten to eleven Aurora was already at the door waiting, that house was just too quiet for her liking. Though, the walk to work didn’t seem to be much better, as the streets felt stripped of any civilisation as the sound of her shoes echoed down them. The dark clouds lingered overhead and the smell of rain filled her nose, so she moved a little faster. While the guys weren’t at the park again, the lagoon of mud was. Was no one up at eleven in the morning at this place?

Aurora arrived at the cafe and Darcy looked up from her paper work with a welcoming smile. She had her bright red hair pulled back into a messy bun with a navy blue bow and her lips were painted with red lipstick. Her eyes were a really light, almost white blue and she had a light cascade of freckles along her nose and cheeks. Aurora felt almost dull next to Darcy in her pinks and blacks but they greeted each other with a friendly hug.

“Good morning! I hope you’re ready for your first day, I know you said that you’ve already worked at a cafe but I’ll give you a quick run over.” She said and Aurora cautiously nodded, while D                arcy didn’t seem to notice as she pulled Aurora toward the counter. She’d seen it all before so she zoned out a little until Darcy finished and handed her a navy blue apron with the logo on it.

“Thanks,” Aurora said and Darcy seemed pretty pleased with herself.

“Now, on Sundays we don’t open until eleven simply because everyone goes to church but usually around twelve we get a few people for coffee!” Darcy squeaked and Aurora took note that most people in this new town went to church, she had kind of forgotten about all that kind of stuff. Aurora used to go to church every Sunday as well and she was in a church group and participated in all the fundraising. Usually people turn to church in a time of crisis but there comes a point where you feel that not even God can help you now. “Today I went to the early service so I could open up, but that’s your job now!”

“Sounds good,” Aurora said and check out the coffee machine. She decided to retract the ‘No Sundays’ on her application when she went to the interview because she wanted to herself busy. “It’s a nice cafe you run here.”

“Thank you, love!  Oh, and don’t worry you’ll get paid double time on Sundays!” Darcy had a very happy personality, almost reminded Aurora of a pixie with her bright hair and petite figure.

“Oh, thanks!” Aurora said and tried to mimic Darcy’s tone but she felt it was pretty bleak at best.

“So, why did you move to Westmeath?” Darcy asked and Aurora clenched her teeth, she hadn’t been asked this question before but she’d rehearsed her response a thousand times.

“Oh, family issues,” Aurora shrugged and Darcy seemed to have sensed the tension and dropped the subject. She had herself set up at a booth facing the entrance as she continued to fill in the paperwork.