chapter 3

Maya's POV

What was Katherine doing with Arjun?

And the next thing that Katherine did, almost made me faint

He was married, again??

Katherine handed over the baby that she held in her hands, to Arjun and pecked lightly on Arjun's lips. She made his eyes twinkle in happiness which I wasn't able to do in our three years of marriage.

"Arjun! Wait!" I stopped him, before he left to the office.

I wanted to mend our relationship. We were drifting away and I could see the visible changes and the shift in our relationship. If he wasn't going to make the first move to sort out the things between us, I have to, even if it was going to be a small move.

He turned and looked at me impatiently with an annoyed look. I slowly walked near him and stood on toes and pecked him on his soft lips

"Move away! You stinking shit!" he pushed me away in anger.

I ran to my room and broke down in tears.

But that was my past. I wasn't going to spare another drop of tear for this man. I was hurt. But I can't let these emotions control me. He never really loved me. All that happened in front of my eyes was just a constant reminder that I was nothing but stinking shit.

You can't break down.

Neither Katherine nor Arjun, realized that there were people coming to the lounge. They were lost in their own happy bubble.

But, was his relationship with Katherine genuine or was he just using her for money?

Katherine looked different from what I remembered. She has changed in these two years. She never cared about her looks and always remained a tomboy. But now, she was dressed in a pencil skirt with its hem ending right at her knee and she had paired it with a tight black blouse. She had grown her short black hair and now it reached her waist. Her lips were painted in red and her face was caked with makeup. She was never a heels person, but now she stood literally on a stool. Her heels were that tall. She has changed, a lot.

Katherine was also rich but she was very sweet. She was really sweet to me when we met.

But, why did Arjun chose another innocent, rich girl again??

The only thing that mattered to him was money.

This man had some nerves to hurt another girl again and now they also have a child together. Could he have really married her for money?

But if this marriage was real to him, then I am happy that he made a happy family. I silently wished for his happiness. I was never an -eye for eye- person. But if he was fooling around, this time as well, I swear, I won't wait for another minute to chop his balls off.

In a few seconds, I also saw Tani walking towards them. Tani was Arjun's younger sister and Katherine was Tani's best friend. That was how I also met Katherine. Tani was  an adorable person with a beautiful personality. Even after our divorce, she was in touch with me. She was totally against her brother's cruel reason for the divorce.

She cut her ties with her brother when she knew the reason for our divorce. But now, what had changed that made her look at her brother with so much admiration?

Maybe, his marriage to her best friend made Tani close to Arjun. I reasoned it out for myself.

Anyways, I didn't want to be the reason for breaking the relationship between the sister and the brother. I am happy that they are back to their normal old selves.