Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It had been three weeks since my unfortunate encounter with Him, and I did everything I could everyday to keep my mind off it.

                I watched the girls walk out the door and to their rooms before they got in trouble.  I shut my bedroom door and headed to the bathroom. I turned on the water and as I stepped in cold water greeted my back with a cold slap. I keep turning the handle all the way to steaming hot, but all I got was cold water. I sighed and tried to get warm in the cold. After what felt like forever I stepped out of the bathroom. Realizing I forgot my towel I opened the door to retrieve my towel from my bed, but instead I found another surprise.

"Well well what have we here?" I looked over at father who was lying across my bed with a smirk on his face.

I felt the blood rush from my face. I ran back to the bathroom and slammed the door and falling to the ground. I heard a fist bang on the door. I knew what I had done.

"Open this door now!" his voiced roared.

I started to panic now. I looked around the bathroom for anything to defend myself. Shampoo? What was I gonna do burn his eyes and clean his hair? I saw a huge wood piece fly into the wall. He was breaking the door. I scurried over to the huge wooden piece on the floor. I grab it and brace myself for what was about to happen next. But nothing did. I sat there for ten minutes on the floor starring at the broken door. I got up slowly and headed to the door. I slowly opened it with a cool breeze brushing my bare body as I stepped into the room. I hurried and slipped on my night gown.

I look around and see nothing. He was gone like it never happened, but my bathroom door told me otherwise. I looked over to see my window was wide open. I walk over to the window and look out.  I saw a white light disappear into the woods.

I groggily woke up to someone shaking me awake. I open my eyes to Caitlyn standing over me telling me to get ready. I got up and slipped on my outfit and threw my hair into two pigtails and raced out the door with her in tow. We got in line as father stood before us all. He announced he wasn't feeling so good so he went to bed for rest. I was on cooking duty today and not picking recipes I was cooking.  I pulled out the pan and started working about ten minutes in I burned my hand on the stove. Then when I was cutting some fruit I cut my palm. We had to throw the food out because we didn't want to eat bloody fruit. I sat there on a stool holding a wet wash cloth to my hand. The worst part was that the hand I burned was the one I cut.

I was cleaning the hall way with my non burned hand when this feeling of nausea washed over me. I ran the hall bathroom and puked into the toilet. This wasn't my best morning. I also needed a new shirt because my breast keep falling out. As I walked out the bathroom door a feeling of panic rose inside of me when I saw father walking my way. He stopped in front of me with his arms crossed.

"I'm so sorry Father I'll get back to work." I said trying to slide past him, but he grabbed my arm.

He pulled me to look at him.

"I heard you were hurt." He said. I held my hand to him. He brushed his thumb across my palm. I felt the nausea hit me again. I turned around to the bathroom and let it all spew out. He grabbed my hair and held it back as I vomited into the toilet. When I was done I stood up and walked out to the hallway steps and sat down. Father stood before me and placed a hand to my forehead.

He told me I wasn't warm and asked me what was wrong. I told him I wasn't feeling so well and the vomiting just begun today, but that it was probably bad fruit. He pulled my arm and led us down some hallways and stopped in front of his doors. 'Just run' a little voice in my head yelled. He pulled me into his bathroom and pulled something out of a little pink box. He handed it to me and told me to use it.

After he left I realized that this stick thing was a pregnancy test. I was afraid of the result, but I needed to know. I sat in the tub waiting for the stick thing to beep and give the results. What if I was pregnant? Would he let me leave like the other two? Would he let the baby live? What would happen? All these different questions ran through my head that I didn't hear the little beep of the stick. I walk over to it and looked at it and I didn't know whether to cry or laugh.

The little pink plus starred into my eyes and burning in my head. I was pregnant. I opened the bathroom door and father stood there wanting results. I told him and nothing showed on his face.

"So am I going to have to leave like the other girls?" I asked hoping he would say yes and my life would come to a perfect ending.

"No." those words burned into my memory too.