Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I was sobbing and the lady held me to her. "It's okay. It's going to be okay." She talked to me like a toddler and I was not even caring. After she yelled at me for being in her house I told her my story. Leaving out the part when I killed her husband. I fed her a story that after I escaped from Adrian I found this house and the man was not here and the door was unlocked and I used her computer to talk to my mom.

After I told her that he raped me she was the one who broke down crying. "What has this world come to?" she said. She then proceeded to tell me that I could stay here until my parents came to get me.

It was later and I was sitting on the couch starring at the floor where the used to be dead body was. The lady or as her name was Karien was making dinner. She walked over and handed me a plate of spaghetti. I smiled and took the dish from her.

"So when do you think you're family will come for you?" she asked taking a bite of her spaghetti. I chuckled.

"Trying to get rid of me?" I asked. "No no of course not I was just wondering. I hope you don't think that I want you gone." She said panicky. I laughed. "I know I was joking." I said. She let a small laugh escape from her mouth.

It was later that night when a knock on the door startled us. She went to answer the door and a police man stood there. "Can I help you officer?" Karien asked.

"Is Vivien love here? I have orders to escort her to the police station some people are waiting for her." She nodded and pointed to me. I didn't know if I trusted this man so I asked Karien if she would go with me and she walked away and came back with two jackets and some shoes for me.

We got to the station and as we walked in I was asked into questioning. They asked how I got here. Who was Adrian? They asked me everything and I told them. Then the man asked me. "When you go to the house where was the man of the household? Andrew?" the man asked. Oh shit.

"There was no one there. It was cold and dark and I just wanted to escape from the rain and contact my mother." I said. I was finally released and as I walked into the waiting room/lobby I saw Angel. My mom. She got up and ran to me and held me. She was sobbing into my arms and telling me everything was alright. As I stood there the familiar scent of my mother brought back all the memories I had forgotten.

As the hugged lasted she pulled apart from me and she wiped away her tears. My father, my actual father, came and stood there as I walked over and he pulled me into a tight embrace. I was soon greeted my sleepy brother.

I was talking to Karien as I was about to leave. "And thank you so much. For...everything. I hope your husband comes home soon." She smiled and hugged me.

I was led out to the car and I sat in the back with my mother and sleepy brother as they drove home. Apparently we lived in Denver and they drove the entire way here. My mother and I were talking as we were driving. "I missed my baby so much." She said trying not to cry. I hugged her.

Adrian's P.O.V

I felt horrible. I was sitting in the bedroom looking out the window and thinking over everything I have done. I hurt her when I promised I would never to that. I raped her. And her cries only broke my heart. It wasn't her fault she lost the baby I just yelled that out of pure anger. It was all my fault. When I first ever attempted to kill the baby I must have.

It was almost morning and I felt terrible. I made breakfast and I walked to the room that was supposed to me our babies room which I locked her in. I opened the door expecting to find her asleep or in tears but I found and empty room. The plate fell from my hand and shattered to the floor. I looked all over the room. She was gone. Then I saw it. The window was open and cracked.