Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up in a sweat just as the dream was about to get worse. I saw nothing beyond my blurred vision as I still saw the black cloaked figure drew his blade from the ground and begun bringing it down from my chest and lower splitting me in two. I looked at the silhouette of Adrian still fast asleep next to me. I gently and quietly removed the sheets from my body and walked to the door and slowly opening it not knowing if it would make a sound luckily it did not.

I walked out to the kitchen area and made myself a glass of water. I had taken the drink over to the couch and sat. As I sat the warm fabric meet my body as I lay across the couch. I shifted feeling something under me. I removed the foreign object seeing it was a remote to the TV. I pressed the little red button and the TV came to life.

I begun watching the TV for a while before I fell asleep. I had woken up an hour later and the pitch black room had greeted me. I got up and walked to the door to the house and turned the knob and it was unlocked! I stepped out into the cold air that greeted me. I saw the black SUV that was covered by the shadows that was parked by some trees.

I noticed the chairs on the front lawn so I walked over and sat on one. I was out for a while before I felt someone's presence behind me. I looked behind and Adrian was there with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. "I didn't know you smoke." I said silently. Only his eyes moved and they looked down at me.

"It's a nasty habit of mine." He said taking it out of his mouth and blowing the smoke out of his mouth. He held it out to me. I looked at him like he was crazy. I was 15 for god's sake! He shrugged and put it back in his mouth. He walked over and grabbed the other lawn chair and dragged it over and sat next to me.

"So I thought that tomorrow I could take you to get some clothes." He said once again blowing out smoke. I shrugged. "Of course it would be after school." He said. I groaned. I didn't want to go to school.

He chuckled. "It won't be that bad." He said. Yeah right.

He next morning I had gotten up early and did my hair and makeup and gotten dressed in a black and green thick stripped shirt and black I think they're called skinny jeans. I threw on some shoes and I went out to the other room and made some food. As Adrian came out he sat down and I gave him the food I made. "Thank you dear." He said kissing my cheek.

He had bought me a black backpack and he drove me to school. It was a big two story school with blue on it. It was South Pride High school and the mascot was a wolf. I got out and slowly stalked into the building. I was pushed by many while trying to find the office. After I finally found it and had probably many bruises I walked in and got my schedule form Mrs. Zebell who looked about 42 or so handed me my schedule.

1st block: history

2nd block: English/math

3rd block: biology

4th block: choir.

Apparently all classes were 90 minutes but 2nd block was 45 minutes of English then head to the math room for 45 minutes in there. I was also given my school ID and they showed me upstairs to my locker that had two pillars and in between was 10 lockers and on the pillars were little scanners so you just scan the ID and the locker that was yours slightly opened enough for you to open it.

I had put my bag in there and I got the stuff I needed for my first class. I begun walking around each floor and hallway looking for it and after ten minutes I gave up. I sat against the railing by the stairs. I heard footsteps running up stairs and then they stopped. "You okay?" the voice asked. I looked up and a girl in a short pink shirt, black short skirt and heels was standing in front of me. I guess every school had a slut and she was probably it. "No I'm new and lost." I said pathetically.

"Let me see your schedule." She said. I handed it up to her she looked at it and nodded. She then pointed to the wall by one hallway. "See that plaque it says which number class rooms are down that hallway along with locker numbers." She said. I felt dumb. She helped me up. "What is your name?" she asked. "Vivien." I said. She handed me my paper back. "I'm Leah. You seem cool. We should hang out. I know you can sit with me and my friends at lunch. I'll find you. Good luck with classes." She said heading off one hallway.

I finally found the class room and when I walked in the teacher was talking. "Oh and who are you?" she asked. Everyone looked at me. "I'm Vivien I'm new and I got lost." I said and they all laughed. "Class stop laughing." She said. She gave me a book and told us what we were working on and I was given a seat and I sat in the back next to some boy with his black hair covering half his face and was probably asleep.

As my classes come and go it's after 3rd block and as I struggled to understand when the teacher talks about sex-linked traits and DNA. As I got to the lunch room I got a pizza and milk and as I looked around the cafeteria I looked for a place to sit. I began walking to an empty spot when I was grabbed.

I saw it was Leah from earlier. "Hey come sit with us." She said dragging me to a table of more girls that looked like school sluts. "Hey girls this is Vivien she's cool. She's going to hang with us now okay?" she said and they nodded. Apparently she was the head of the girls. I sat down and they all asked me questions. Where did you transfer from? What's your last name? What was the mascot from your last school? Any guys you think are cute? What makeup do you use? And other worthless questions that I struggled to answer.

The bell finally rang and I got to my last class and the teacher was cool. I understood the music, he told funny stories, made playful fun of people and I had a good time. As the class ended I got my stuff from my locker and as I was walking down the stairs Leah found me. "The girls really like you. You are now part of group and you will be our new best friend." She said. I smiled at her. We walked outside and I waited for Adrian to pick me up and we got talk. "So I'll see you tomorrow." She said as I left when he finally got here.

I opened the door and slid into the front seat. "Hey honey." He said kissing my head. "How was school?" he asked. "Fine." I said. "Make any friends?" he asked. "Yeah." I said looking out the window as we drove into the forest. It was silent the rest of the way. When we got back I did and tried to do the home work assigned. As I finished it as most as I could I sat on the couch and begun watching TV. Adrian walked over and sat next to me bringing my face over to his and kissed me.

"I love you." He said leaning his head on my shoulder. I nodded. I made dinner later and took a bath and went to bed. At least I was partly free. He came in and snuggled up behind me. I fell asleep quickly hoping this was all a nightmare. Too bad it wasn't.