Prelude

The Patriarch Decree #000001: The Rules

1. The   Patriarch is our system of government here in Undorn. The Warden, your   leader, and his three sons are the head of the Patriarch. All other local   leaders are appointed by the Warden or his sons. Every person in a position   of power is there for a reason. Do not question any leader at any time.

2. Enforcers of   law are approved by the Warden and the Warden's family. They are the young men   of Undorn who are here to keep every citizen safe. If you choose to enlist as   an enforcer, you are bound to the military until you are no longer physically   apt. The Warden will fund any schooling, home, or medical bills for any and   all retired enforcers.

3. No citizen   is to question an enforcer. He/she must trust that each enforcer is acting on   direct orders from The Patriarch. If an enforcer is questioned, the   questioner may be detained, jailed, and tried.

4. Only a first   name is allowed in Undorn. Family name is the name of your country. Only one   name per region. All names must be approved by patriarch before ID is   granted. The only people allowed family names are members of the Patriarch.   This is allowed to remind citizens that the patriarch makes, enforces, and   can change the laws at any given time.

5. All   citizens must carry ID. If you are not carrying an ID and an enforcer   encounters you, you are detained, questioned, and if no justifiable reason   for not having an ID is found, you are jailed and recorded as a Nameless.

6. Independent   businesses are permitted when approved by the Warden or the Warden's family.

7. Any individual   born into the serving class can only transcend that class if given permission   by the Warden or his family.

8. Marriage   licenses are approved by local leaders.

9. When Undorn   is at war, citizens must trust that the Patriarch is doing everything it can   to protect the country.