Part Thirty-Five

Orgon Aldrich, the Fort

Location: The Hospital

These days, it seemed like God was not on Orgon's side. Maybe God was the wrong diety. Perhaps it was Aphrodite whom Orgon had wronged. Or maybe Zeus.

It was mid-morning, and Orgon and Max had slept in generously. Maxin had started stirring next to Orgon, turning and nuzzling into the back of the prince's neck. Orgon let out a small groan of acknowledgment, then grabbed Max's hands and pulled them around his own waist. 

"Good morning to you," Maxin squeezed him. Orgon's insides turned to mush. 

"And you," he replied, reaching his arm around to try and touch any piece of the boy he could. Maxin quickly squirmed away from his touch, directing Orgon's attention away from his body with a swift relocation of his own hand to Orgon's crotch.

"Max." Maxin was already rubbing his inner thigh, massaging his just-barely-awake skin with the perfect combination of softness and heat, creating a feeling in Orgon's cells that only Maxin could give.

And, because Zeus and Aphrodite and God and Jesus had teamed up to cause Orgon immense sexual pain, just as Maxin was sliding off Orgon's boxers, a powerful knock landed on their door. Orgon buried his face under his pillow and screamed.

Maxin, of course, wasn't troubled. "Who is it please?"

"Beo," came the strong, authoritative baritone. Ah. The powerful knock. Orgon should have known.

Maxin immediately scrambled out of bed to greet Beo and let him inside. If it had been anyone else, Orgon would have had at least fifteen choice words to present him or her with.

Beo stepped in the room, and at Max's insistence, took a seat in the desk chair that Orgon occupied most nights until the early hours of the morning. Maxin climbed on the edge of the bed, staring intently at their visitor, his chin resting in his hands. 

Orgon couldn't help but do the same. Beo wasn't even dressed in his usual army green fatigues or even a pair of jeans. Biondi, Biondi of Lufe, was still in sweatpants and a t-shirt at 10:30 in the morning. As if on cue, he sighed deeply.

"Alright."

"Alright?" Max repeated. He was biting his nails. "Alright alright? Or Alright." Orgon snorted. Maxin's nerves were clear. But the prince chose not to say much more. He, too, felt constricting anxiety in his chest. 

The night prior, Maxin had brought Biondi into their suite and told him exactly what Catherine was planning to do with the Aldrich family when the time for true rebellion came. Maxin claimed that Beo had been feeling lost, and that he needed something to give him purpose again. According to Maxin, Orgon and Maxin's covert mission to ensure the survival, or at least the fair trial, of his siblings after the revolution was "the perfect thing to keep Beo inspired." After hearing of their inklings of a plan, Beo asked for some time to think before he committed to their misfit duo and whatever the two hatched up. Of course, they gave it to him. They just didn't expect him to be back so soon. 

"Alright," Beo repeated. "I'm in."

Bones, Region of Orrosta

Location: The Hospital

The second the words "meeting adjourned" left Catherine's lips, Bones was flying out her office door with no regard for anyone or anything but where Biondi could be at that present moment. He checked his watch. 12:30. Shit.