Part Thirty-Six

Biondi, Region of Lufe

Location: The Hospital

Orgon was not pleased, that much was clear. It was obvious that Beo had divulged all his thoughts and plans to Bones, which of course, Orgon had strictly forbidden. The sheer height of Orgon was intimidating on a normal day, but here, as Beo sat hunched over on the rec room couch with the prince towering, glowering over him, Orgon's height was blinding.

Maxin stepped forward, looping a hand through the arms that sat aggressively on Orgon's hips. The action finally broke Orgon's laser focus from Beo's body. Orgon took a step back, mumbling something incoherent. Bones cleared his throat. The sound brought Beo back to the reality of the situation. This was much bigger than Beo divulging secrets. This was much, much bigger.

"Alright," Orgon rolled his shoulders back. Maxin was still attached at his hip. Unlike his counterpart, Maxin didn't look angry. He looked positively terrified. "You've dragged us here. Now tell me what is so god damned important?"

Beo could tell Bones was trying not to snap. He took a deep breath. The two of them were hotheads alone, but together, they were explosive. Beo had warned Bones of this before he darted out of the rec room to gather the two of them. "Biondi," Bones had told him. "I know. I'm not stupid."

And right now, it looked like he was trying his hardest not to be stupid. His eyes were fluttering closed as Orgon launched into another tirade about how Bones shouldn't be involved in the conversation in the first place, considering he was never invited to be a part of their plans. How Orgon knew what this meeting was about, Beo didn't know. But it was clear that Orgon was growing increasingly agitated, and Bones wasn't strong enough to keep himself from doing the same.

Beo stood up. The sheer gesture stopped all the competing voices in the room. 

"This is serious, Orgon," was how he began. "Please. Just take a second... take one second and listen, please."

The man in question crossed his arms over his chest. His lips may have been drawn in a hard line, but he was silent. Beo took a deep breath. It was Bones who was supposed to take the reigns on this, but realistically, it was Beo who they would listen to. It was Beo they trusted.

"Bones has been helping Catherine out with her plans. You guys obviously know that already." Orgon nodded hurriedly. Get a move on, Beo. He continued hastily. "Well, he's just told me that they--Catherine and her advisors--have decided, in order for everything to move forward, that they need a leader of the resistance who isn't an Aldrich."

Maxin was nodding. The fear in his eyes seemed to dissipate at least a fraction.

"And well," Beo swallowed deeply. "They've apparently nominated me."

Orgon's jaw went slack. Maxin gasped. Bones finally had stably come to his senses. "No. Guys. This is good," he took a few steps towards the three of them from where he had retreated, presumably to calm himself down. "This is exactly what we need. We need someone on the inside."

Orgon's hackles raised. "What do you mean we? You do realize you weren't a part of all this to begin with, don't you?"

Before Bones had a chance to bite back, Maxin had a hand on Orgon's shoulder. "Let him speak."

"Look," Bones sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know I'm not your favorite person. But Biondi is... Biondi is the only thing that matters to me, alright? You get him into this pyramid scheme, and I'm in too, like it or not. 

Besides. I sure as hell don't like the idea of our revolutionary government hacking our existing governing officials into pieces. I don't want people dying any more than you do. I want this to be as peaceful as physically possible. I want this to be something we can all be proud of, at the end. So like it or not, I'm with you guys. And I think, with Beo on the inside working for Catherine, I think we just might have a shot at stopping all this and creating something good. But you guys gotta be with me," he paused, his eyes drifting to meet Beo's. "You gotta be with us."

!!

That's the end of part one :) 

I honestly have reallyyy struggled to get this one to you guys. It's not my usual genre, and I've had the hardest time writing it. I had the idea and I needed to see it through to the end. I have so much in mind for where the next part of this could go, but I honestly feel like this writing is uninspired and dead compared to what I usually produce. I can try my best to keep going for you guys who have been such unconditional loves and fans of this story, but I just don't know ... part of me doesn't know if I should make the second book. If you guys have any words of inspiration, tips, or advice, drop me a comment! I would love to hear what you guys are thinking. As always, love you all.