Chapter 11

After rage quitting my class, I decided to just walk around and clear my head. And of course, I get lost after one minute of walking around. Just as I started to get worried I would never see civilization again, I walked around a corner to see Professor McGonagall with a panicked look on her face.

     "Professor McGonagall! Why didn't you tell me one of the teachers is a ghost?!" I fumed.

     "Nico, you didn't send him to your father, did you?" I looked at her and glared.

     "Not yet," I growled. A look of relief washed over her face.

     "Thank heavens. We had to make a deal with Hades to get him to stay here. If you sent him back, we would need to look for another teacher."

     "You could have at least told me before hand."

     "That was the plan, but we forgot to mention it."

     "Yeah. I noticed." 

     "And dare I ask, what what are you doing out class?"

     "Well," I began. "Since you forgot to tell me, I was sitting down, ready for a long boring class," (Cue the McGonagall glare,) "When guess what I see? A ghost, that everyone is saying is the teacher, waltzes up to the front of the class room and almost blew my cover!"

     "And how did he do that?"

     "I don't know if you knew this or not, but I'm the Ghost King. Ghosts have to obey me and they always get nervous around me and start calling me things like Lord, and Master, and King. AI think that's pretty suspicious and with everything that's happened, I don't need to be anymore suspicious."

     "Do you think if you tell him not to do those things he will?" I frowned.

     "He has to. He doesn't really have a choice whether or not to obey me. But I just saw a bunch of ghosts yesterday and everyone's been acting all weird around me and I wasn't really up for experiencing any more of that."

     "Well I'm sorry Nico, but there's not really anything i could do. Maybe if we transfer you to a different class-"

     "No!" McGonagall looked at me with a raised brow. "I need to keep an eye Harry."

     "Then I guess you'll have to figure something out on your own. Right now though, you have to get back to class. You may not care about your grades, but you still have to keep up appearances."

     I sighed. "I know, I know. I'll go back to class. But, uh... Could you tell me which way that is?" Mcgonagall laughed and I felt my face heat up a little.

     "Right this way, Mr. diAngelo."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Once I had entered the classroom, the door slammed behind me and everyone turned around. My eyes drifted to the front where Professor Binns was floating nervously.

     "Come with me," I told Binns. He glanced around again then glided toward me. Him trailing behind me, we walked into the hallway and past a few doors before we stopped. I turned on him.

     "You need to stop acting so nervous around me. The students are already suspicious and you acting like this isn't helping," I whisper yelled at him. 

     "I'm sorry Master. It won't happen again," he whispered anxiously. I sighed.

     "It's fine. Just don't do it again." As I was on my way back to class, I glared at the door in front of me. "Don't call me Master either."

     "Yes, sorry sir."

     "Oh come on..." I grumbled under my breath. The bell rung right as I was in front of the door and a wave of students burst out of the room. I jumped out of the way and waited for everyone to pass. When almost everyone was gone, I turned and saw Harry staring at me.

    "Harry!" I exclaimed. He snickered. 

     "You don't need to jump so high. I'm not that tall."

     "Oh shut up..." I grumbled. There was a pause  

     "Why did you leave like that?" Harry questioned cautiously.

     "Well, at my old school, there were some helpers that were ghosts. But all of them hated me. They had to do everything I told them because of my Da--teacher. Now, whenever I see a ghost, it just reminds me of that and irritates me."

     "... Oh." I laughed at Harry's reply.

     "You okay there Harry?" He frowned, then smirked  

     "I'm fine Sassico."

     "Shut up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just realized I switched to first person this chapter. But I kinda like it better this way so I'm gonna keep it for now. Also, I haven't updated in FOREVER. Hehe, sorry about that. (Cue my gruesome murder.) But I'm back! Hopefully with more updates. I am considering giving this book to a friend of mine because they'll be able to update more regularly. As of right now though,  you're stuck with me. I'm also going to change some things so my OC isn't in this. The ending changed and she is no longer relevant. It doesn't change the plot in this part of the story and I may mention her a few times in the future. Anyways, it's great to be back and I'll do my best to update soon.