Chapter 8

Sam's Pov

Hiya guys! Have a fabulous year, and remember I'm always here if you're bored or just want to talk :) Stay safe everybody.

*Note: This is Sam's perspective on Sky leaving from way back in Chapter 16 of the first book so if you don't really remember much about this then I would suggest going back and rereading it. Enjoy! 

"Why can't she just stay with me?" I asked. "Her biological father is Castiel Winchester correct?" The man asked seemingly annoyed. "Yes but he-" " Sky must stay with her living biological parent. I'm sorry Mr. Winchester, but your niece can only stay with you for one year and that's it. I'm sorry." He walked out leaving me with the responsibility of telling the poor kid. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. She was not going to take this well at all. 

"Sky!" I yelled up the stairs."We have to talk." "Okay. Just a second." She called back down. A few minutes later she rushed down the stairs and into the kitchen. We both just stood around awkwardly. Finally, I decided to just deliver the news very gently seeing as she has been through so much."So um...You have to go live with Cas." I said quietly. "What?!" She exclaimed angrily. Apparently, I'm bad at breaking news. "Why can't I stay with you?" "You can, but only for a year okay? I'm leaving it at that." I replied sternly. She ran back upstairs to her room leaving me to think about how I could possibly fix this. "Dean, I wish you were here right now. You always knew how to fix things. Not to mention you're the only one she ever listens to." I said with a small sad laugh.

  *Eleven months later*

It's been 11 months since... oh god. Everyday I think about him. About what happened. About what I could have done. But mostly, about Sky and how she's taking it. She hasn't been the same since. But I get it because I've been in her shoes before. Too many times before.

I woke up on the couch with the small box of pictures Dean used to hide away. He hid them, mostly from Sky, because the memories were too painful for him to risk resurfacing. There was one that had always been his favorite, however. It was of him, Anne, and Sky at Sky's 6th birthday party back in Lawrence. Some nights he would sit on the couch after Sky fell asleep and look through the box until he himself fell asleep, most of the time with pictures still in in hands. I've found myself doing the very same thing lately. I've made a bad habit of staying in the past so long that it becomes harder to face the present. A sudden glance at the clock snaps me out of my trance. 'Damn it,' I think to myself. 'I was supposed to give Sky her meds at noon.'   

"Sky! Get up! It's 5pm and you have to take your anxiety meds!" I yell up the stairs. "Ugh, okay be down in a second." She shouts. A few minutes later she ran downstairs into the kitchen. "Good morning uncle Sammy!" She said hugging me. "Good morning. Now remember, you have start packing your things soon so you can move in with Cas, okay." I say looking at her sadly. She froze and looked at me for a minute then ran upstairs. I called after her but she didn't listen. I really messed up.