Two

I woke up in the late morning to light pouring in. Ronnie's arms held me close. Smiling, remembering last night, I untangled myself from him. I pulled on a shirt then made coffee. Work is calling me. I sigh and answer.

"This better be good. I'm busy." I yawn.

"Did I wake you?" Hank, my boss, asked.

"No. Long night." I got out a coffee cup.

"Can you come in early and work? I need a bartender till your shift starts." 

"So I'm working a double shift?"

"No house fees this week." House fees are where you pay to be on the stage. I usually make good money, so house fees don't cut into my pockets too much.

"I want to get paid for working bartender."

"Fine. Can you be here in an hour?"

"Yes."

"Okay. See you then."

I set down my phone and filled my coffee cup. I drank it down and made my way back to my room. Ronnie is half awake. I jump on him.

"Wake up."

"I don't want to." He rolled over.

"Nope. I have work, so you need to leave."

"Where do you work?"

"Casino bar." I lied and got off of him. "I need to take a shower then go. You can have coffee if you want."

He walked to the kitchen while I got my ass in gear. No time to do my hair or makeup, so I shove a straightener and makeup bag in my dancers bag.

Ronnie kissed me goodbye and left about two minutes before I took off to work. Even on a Thursday afternoon, the club wasn't empty. It wasn't packed, but by the time it was time for me to go on stage, more guys filled the club. I escaped the back, changed clothes, reapplied makeup, straightened my hair, and managed to get on stage without any hiccups.

After my time on the stage, I had to go to the floor. It isn't the best. I either have to give lap dances to creepy old guys who tip big or cute, young jerks who don't tip well. I work both, a couple regulars who aren't bad, and a couple girls. In Vegas, anything goes.

"Stage again." Hank said after I got done giving a lap dance to a regular who tips well.

"Alright." I walked to the DJ booth and handed him a twenty. "Play some Marilyn Manson." I smiled sweetly.

"Anything for you, Juliet." He winks. Juliet is my stripper name. You can't use your real name for many reasons.

I went backstage and changed into a new outfit. The set isn't anything different. It is longer since the guys seem to be loving it, and I'm tired by the time I get off the stage. I get a drink then head back out. Then I spot them. Ronnie, Max, Robert, Monte, and Omar are all here. Ronnie is the first to spot me, he looks very confused. Since I am at work and mad, I casually walk over.

"What are you doing here?" I said in a sickly sweet voice as I sit on his lap.

"Add-?" Max started, but I put a hand over his mouth.

"My name is Juliet here." I said calmly. "And you all should leave."

"Are you going to make us?" Robert teased.

"I can." I shrugged. "I thought you guys were too broke for strip bars."

"Pay day." Ronnie shrugged. "So, can I get a lap dance?"

I rolled my eyes, reached over, and snagged the wrist of one of my coworkers.

"Take care of my friends here, Nicki?" I asked nicely.

"Sure." She nodded and took my spot on Ronnie's lap.

I walked away, knowing full on that they are all watching me. Hank saw me and pulled me aside.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He's a good boss and cares about his girls that work hard.

"I'm worn out. Mind if I bail?"

"No. You can go." He pulls out a wad of cash and hands it to me. "See you Saturday."

"What's this for?"

"You need to be paid for the bar tending and you got that look in your eye like you are considering going to another job." He smiles. "Maybe this will motivate you to stay."

"Thanks. I'll see you Saturday." I walked out of the club to the dressing room.