Twenty

Four Years Later...

"You are such a prick!" I whisper yell at Ronnie as I look at my daughter's hair. Willow has her headphones in watching a youtube video, so she can't hear me. "You dyed her hair? She's five!"

"She wanted it." Ronnie rolls his eyes.

"I am gone for three weeks and you thought it was okay to just dye her hair purple without asking me?" I glare at him.

"You were in Europe!" Ronnie throws his hands up. "How was I supposed to ask you? We were barely able to get to talk to you for fifteen minutes a day!"

"I could kill you." I grab her bags. 

"Whoa, bad time?" Craig says walking into Ronnie's house. 

"Fuck off, Craig." I glare at him.

Let's not go into details on the whole break up between Craig and I two years ago. Ronnie and him became friends and have been touring together on and off for awhile now. Even now when they are between tours, they are hanging out. Craig and I ended things because on tour he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. 

"Don't forget this." Shea, Ronnie's latest girlfriend, walks in and hands me her stuffed animal. She acts like she is just in love with Ronnie and Willow, but I can see that jealous spark in her eye when Ronnie shows her attention.

"Thanks." I play nice. 

"Ronnie, you touch our daughters hair again without my permission I will kill you." I glare at him.

Fighting has been constant with us for years now. I have been trying to keep it under wraps, but this just set me over the edge. I wanted to be there the first time she dyed her hair. I would have included Ronnie in on it when it happened if he wanted to.

I pick up Willow and head to the car. Thank God for noise cancelling headphones and kids videos. I don't usually fight with him in front of her. I ty to avoid it at all costs, but I am tired from the long flight back to LA. Its night time, so I order food in and after we eat Willow falls asleep in her bed.

My phone starts ringing as I am smoking a cigarette in my backyard. It is Ronnie.

"Did she forget something else?" I ask half annoyed.

"No, um, actually... I am outside your house." Ronnie says sheepishly. "I didn't know where to go."

"Come on in. I'm by the pool." I sigh.

A few minutes later he walks back to me and sits in a lawn chair next to me. 

"Bad habbit." Ronnie teases as he pulls out his vape.

"I know." I smile a little. 

"Shea and I got into a fight." He shakes his head. "She thinks I don't spend enough time with her."

"Between your tourism schedule and mine there isn't much time for relationships." I shrug. 

"And Willow comes first."

"I agree." I nod. "So let me guess she went crazy and destroyed your place."

"Not even five minutes after Craig left." Ronnie laughs.

"Knew it. She's crazy." I shrug. "As long as she isn't crazy around Willow I don't care."

"She isn't. She knows better."

We sit in silence for awhile as I finish my cigarette. 

"Finger on the trigger for my dear Juliet..." Ronnie sings softly.