Chapter 13

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hum, I don't know what to say. I just free-wrote this chapter, meaning I just kept typing and typing until it was about the length I wanted it to be. o_O Haha, anyway, hope you like it! ^-^ Plus it helped that I was listening to the Banana Song by the Minions. xD ~Ari <3

---------------------------------------------------------------

~NORMAL POV~

The school day, Erza was trying to find Jellal in the sea of bustling students around her. She stretched her neck and looked for his distinctive blue hair until finally, she saw him. "Jellal!" She shouted. His eyes widened as he spotted her and turned away.

As if by cue, the students around them started to walk away, leaving the redhead and blue-head alone in the hallway. Erza walked towards him and he reluctantly stepped back an inch.

"Jellal, stop pushing me away. You know I can help you."

"Erza, we talked about this. I'm not letting you get involved in this."

"I'm already involved, Jellal!"

"Erza."

"On the first day, I hated you. You weren't even my friend."

He slightly flinched. "Erza."

"You could've kept it that way. If you never wanted any friends, why didn't you? You could've stayed away from me in the first place, but you didn't. You didn't, Jellal, and now I'm--"

"Erza!" He stepped closer to her, they were only a few inches away, and put his hands on her shoulders.

She sighed, confused. "What?" You could barely tell that she said "what". It was the silent type of what, the type when the scene was too intense for you to speak anymore. Erza seriously felt exactly like this at the moment. Her heart was pounding, and her head was spinning in circles.

She couldn't control herself anymore. Being this close to him and not being able to kiss Jellal was unbearable. Finally, Erza leaned forward and connected her lips, laying her hand on his lower shoulder and the other on the side of his neck.

The kiss deepened, as Jellal brought his hands up to grasp Erza's cheeks and started kissing back. She couldn't help but smile inside. Once again, Jellal abruptly broke the kiss and hung his head, keeping his hands on her shoulders.

Erza blinked back in shock. This was actually happening again? Her lips curled into a frown. "Jellal..."

What Jellal said next made her blood boil. "You...You should go..."

Almost as if by instinct, she slapped him right across his face. "How can you kiss me like that and tell me to leave?!"

Jellal's hair loomed over his eyes, and he put his hands in his pockets. "I told you we couldn't work, Erza."

"Stop saying that! Just because you have an unwanted past doesn't mean you have to stay away from people that you love!"

Jellal finally met her gaze, intensity filling his eyes. "Love?! How the hell can you even be sure that I feel that way towards you?!"

Once again, Erza pressed her lips onto his, but only for a few seconds. Jellal felt weak at the knees and held her waist. This time she broke the kiss and kept his hands in place, on her waist. "See?!"

Jellal sighed in defeat. He whispered, "Okay, okay, you win...The more reason for me not to let you in this situation I have here."

"Jellal, please stop, it's getting so annoying."