Chapter 14

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Well, I was actually thinking of cancelling this but since you guys were just BEGGING for me to write some more...Don't blame me if it's crappy, as I said I don't have much inspiration...:((

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~NORMAL POV~

Erza, Natsu, Gray, Lisanna, and Mira had already formulated their plan that would be carried out the day after. But sadly some of the other students dropped out, so they're a man short. Erza was sitting on her desk, tapping her pen on the desk thoughtfully and biting her lips. She mumbled to herself, "Hm...Elfman dropped because he didn't like Jellal...Levy dropped because Gajeel said it was too dangerous...Ugh...Or I could ask Lu--"

Erza stopped short. Was she really going to ask Lucy to help with this, even though it was evident that she was trying to get Jellal for herself? Erza sighed. "I...I guess I really don't have much of a choice..."

The bell rang and one by one the students filed out of the room, while Erza absentmindedly pulled at her backpack and slung it over her shoulders, her eyes filled with exhaustion and thought. She slowly walked into the cafeteria, much like a zombie.

She saw Natsu, Gray, Lisanna, and Mira sitting on a table, who ushered her to sit down with them. She complied and took her seat next to Gray. "H-Hey, guys..."

Natsu remarked, "Whoa, Erza. What happened to you?"

"I-I--"

Gray chimed in, "Yeah, you've got bags under your bags."

"Ugh, shut up, both of you! My mood is already bad as it is, don't make it worse!"

They immediately stayed quiet as Erza reviewed the plan with the rest of the group. "Alright, let's go through the plan...So...I've already got the Skullette uniforms. Mira and Natsu--I mean, Lisanna, will wear them and pretend to be students. They'll sneak into the main security room and disarm everything, lasers, sirens, just shut everything down."

She pauses to clear her throat. "Then we'll have to drive away the guards from the gates. That's where I come in...No, I mean, Mira, gah, no, Lisa, no, no, Gra--...UGGHHH!!! I can't handle this, it's way way too much pressure! We're a man short, I can't get the positions right, if we fail we'l be stuck in Skullette forever!"

Erza broke down and buried her face in her hands, while Gray awkwardly rubbed her back. Mira said, "Aw, Erza...Don't worry, everything's going to be just fine, I promise. And it's not like we're going to blame you if things go wrong. It's our decision if we're going to take risks here. So don't be too harsh on yourself, okay?"

That little pep talk made Erza feel a little better, just a little. But what did make her feel better is the warm hands that landed on her shoulders and the breath that fanned her ears. She blinked as she heard a husky voice.

"Erza, I told you you don't have to do this..."

Her gaze was tender. She recognized his voice, of course it was her dear Jellal. "No, Jellal...Okay, I admit I'm having a hard time here, but...But I don't mind as long as it's for you..."

Without the two knowing the others quickly fled the scene to leave them alone. Jellal slowly slid into the seat next to the redhead. "Erza, I hate seeing you like this..."

"Please, Jellal. Please let me do this."

"No, Erza...I can't."

"Jellal."

He sighed as he gently kissed her forehead. "Stop it, Erza."

"I won't." Her breath hitched as he brought his face closer to hers, his hands framing her porcelain face. She could hear him breathing and that sent chills down her spine.

"Erza..." He whispered.

"Jellal...I-I..."

"Shh. Listen to me for once. Don't do it." Both of them knew that the plan wasn't the real subject of this conversation. It was their relationship, if they even had one.

Erza shook her head as she leaned forward and gave him the tiniest of a kiss, she simply brushed her lips against his for a split second. "It's hard not to be with you."

"I know, Erza...But I'm only doing this for you. I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to you..."

"I'll be fine..."

"Erza, I...I don't know what we are, but...we're definitely more than just friends..."

"Idiot...You just figured that out?" He chuckled and rubbed his nose against hers, pushing her face back a little as she smiled and her heart skipped a beat.

~TIMESKIP: DISMISSAL~

Erza shoved the students blocking her way as she chased after Lucy. "Lucy!" She heard her calling her name, but paid no attention. "Hey, Lucy! Wait!" No answer. She didn't even turn around. "Lucy Heartfilia, I want to talk to you!"

Finally Erza caught up with her and held Lucy by the shoulder. She stopped walking and Lucy turned around with a blank expression on her face. "What do you want, Erza?"

"I need your help..."

"And why would I help you?"

"I mean, Jellal needs your help..." That caught Lucy's attention. Her ears perked up as they both sat down and Erza told her the whole story.

The blonde folded her hands. "So you want me to help get his sister back?"

"Yes! Please, Lucy, please say you'll help! For Jellal!"

"But what good is helping him if he's already in love with you?"

"Lucy, I...We're not..."

"Come on, Erza, don't give me that crap! I saw you two earlier! How could you say that after you kissed?! At the party?!"

"How did you?--"

"In the cafeteria?!" Lucy laughed in disbelief as she stood up. She flailed her arms and let them fall at her sides. "Erza, I thought you were my best friend. But you're a liar."

"Lucy, I told you, you're not doing this for me!" Erza stood up as well and started shouting back. "You're doing this for Jellal! If you want to be his friend at least, you'll do this for him! You must know how much he loves his sister! Lucy, come on, have a heart!"

That caught her off-guard. "I-I..."

Erza shook her head. "You let me know when this conversation knocks some sense into you." Then walked off, angry. She literally threw her bag on her bed and laid her back on the mattress. She covered her face with her right hand and breathed heavily. "God..."

She thought about what would happen the next day. What if Jellal was right? What if they'd get caught? What if Erza never came back to him, and they would both die without each other? She couldn't bear to even comprehend it.

"No, no...I'm...I'm not going to let that happen..." She saw a photo of her and Jellal, the one she kept on her desk. She lightly touched the tiny frame. "I promise, Jellal...I'll come back for you..."

Minutes later, Erza received a text message. For some reason she had hoped it was Jellal. But when she read it, she felt more confident with her plan than ever.

Lucy: Okay, fine. I'll do it.

Just seconds later, her phone vibrated yet again.

Lucy: And Erza..? I'm sorry. I've been a jerk to you and Jellal. Thanks for making me realize that. I apologized to him too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This was a boring and disappointingly short chapter, but eh, it's still a chapter. :P