Chapter Eleven

Aaron's POV

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

After I finish talking with Loki I decide to go through with my orders, the plan is to use the tesseract to open another portal like the one at S.H.I.E.L.D but to do that we need the power Loki had from the other side. The only way to get that much power is to tap into Stark towers Arc Reactor and power the cube from that, easier said then done when the tesseract is in Vegas and Stark tower is in Manhattan. In good traffic we should be able to drive there in just over 36 hours but Loki's superiors want him wreaking havoc in 40, not a lot of time to put together a inter-dimensional portal with half the amount of scientists we need to do it in a week. I don't know what they will do to him if he fails but I get the feeling he won't go down alone. I shudder and brush off the thought of death by evil alien, if I want to carry out Loki's plan to perfection then I have to get moving.

"Ladies and Gentlemen if you could be so kind as to pack up and load the trucks we have a date in a few days." I say, turning towards the group of soldiers and scientists. A couple people stop and look at me but everyone else continues with what they were doing. A flash of anger surges through me, why aren't they listening? I am the leader in Loki's absence so they should listen right? The anger builds until my powers start to make the lights flicker, most everyone turns to look at me and when they do I snap.

"Pack your shit and LOAD THE TRUCKS! You have 10 minutes." The room stays frozen for a second but then everyone rushes to do as they were told. "Get a tack team together, I've got a mission for you." 

"Copy that Black Hawk."

"And keep it quiet, Barton. No more then 10 plus a pilot. I don't feel like wasting my time talking to people I don't plan on keeping around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loki's POV

Location: S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarrier

These mortals sure don't take any chances do they? 8 armored guards walk me down the halls of the flying city, shackles encircling my wrists and ankles. People stop and stare when I pass, most out of fear, some out of curiosity. As I stroll down the many twists and turns the amount of people I see dissipates drastically. We finally stop at a door and the leader scans in his ID, the door slides open and I am put inside the glass cage centered in the room. Rubbing my wrists where the chains had chaffed I quickly tell Aaron where I am.

"I'm in the circular glass cage, Love. One door and the-"

"Floor looks like it opens? Yeah I know where you are, they put you in the Hulk neutralizer I set up. There is a security camera to your left and a control panel in front of you. I've got a team and we are coming to get you."

"Well done Aaron, I will expect you shortly." I focus my gaze on the man from the first portal, the one Aaron shot.

"In case it's unclear, you so much as scratch that glass," The director pushes a button and the floor below my cage opens, peering down over the side I can't see anything but just the sound could make a grown man wet himself, not a god though. "Thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap, you get how that works? Ant." 

He points to me.

"Boot" and back to the panel of buttons. 

"An impressive cage, not built I think for me." I grin, reveling in the knowledge that I have what he wants.

"Built for something a lot stronger then you." The Hulk, the man from the laboratory I walked past. I turn to stare into the camera, where the people who brought me in are surely watching.

"So I've heard. A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you? To call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate and you might not like that you did." That's what I was looking for, the shine of emotion that slipped through the cracks of his facade.

"Ohh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Lets see if they are formidable enough to dig out the hint I just handed them.

"Well let me know if real power wants a magazine or something." I watch as he turn and heads out the door. One last look towards the camera and I sit on the floor, eagerly waiting for my dearest Aaron to break me out.

The world will fall

and we will stand

above the rest of humanity

the time is right

for them to fight

and succumb into insanity