Chapter Thirteen

Aaron POV

Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier

The hardest part about escaping is your secondary team screwing you over. Halfway to the Quinjet the entire Hellicarrier starts listing to the right, sending Loki and I flying down the halls. As we tumble I come to a stark realization, I'm practically a Goddess, that means something as minor as zero gravity should be nothing to me. I use my powers to give myself artificial gravity and my feet thud to the floor. Loki falls towards me and I grab his hand, conveniently passing my gravity over to him and watching as he falls on his face. He quickly stands up and brushes off the dust from his pants, looking around to see if there is anyone else close by that could have seen him.

"Smooth moves there Jagger." I smirk and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah well you had the option of a slow landing, I however did not." He straightens his cape and we continue our escape route. After passing a few agents I stop the next one and snap his neck. Loki looks at me funny as I reach into the agents ear and pull out his com unit. Holding it up for Loki to see I slip it in my ear and turn it on, automatically recognizing Director Fury's voice.

"-Took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anyone copy?" Agent Romanoff's voice comes out shaky.

"I copy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha Romanoff's POV

"I copy." My body screams as I stand up and run down the halls, but I'll be damned if I let Clint go one more time. After I get him and knock the god out of him he can tell me where my-our- daughter is so I can knock the sense out of her too. Then after a good ass-kicking we can go back to pretending to not be family for security reasons, Clint can go back to Laura and the kids and I can train Aaron. She still doesn't know what Fury really did to her, or as he thinks, did for her. Aaron was a genetic test for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s scientists, something along the lines of 'lets take the two strongest assassins and make a better one'. Fury wanted the best of the best and he was willing to bend the rules of morality to do it. Apparently it was easier then they expected, a bit of DNA from me and Clint and they had all they needed form us until she was ready. At least that's what they told us, to give her the powers they needed to insert some of the tesseract into the Y-chromosome she got from Clint. Good news: she got powers, bad news: Clint and her genetic code decided that they could telepathically talk and feel emotions. Not so useful when we are trying to hide the fact that Clint has a wife and kids that aren't her and that she isn't actually our child.

All because Fury wanted another assassin.

I shake off the thought of Aaron and focus on the task at hand, Getting back my partner. Turning the next corner I see Clint duck under a metal support beam and I silently catch up to him, trying to sneak up. I know I've been made the second before he knocks an arrow and fires directly at my head. Dodging my death, I grab the bow and twist his arm, trying to rip it out of his hands. I'm forced to let go when Clint catches me in the head with his elbow and tries to hit me with his bow. I quickly kick him in the chest and slide under the cat walk, popping up on the other side and kicking him back. He fires off another arrow and I use a pole to swing across a gap to the next path. We parry a little, neither scoring a hit, until I grab his bow string and he pulls back on the limbs. Using the bows kinetic energy he shoves the handle into my face twice, forcing me against the railing and kneeing me in the thigh.

I backhand him and he falls back slightly, letting go of the bow and me. He pulls out a knife just as I neatly tuck his bow behind me, not wasting anytime before attacking. Swinging at my head twice I block and bend his arm back, forcing him to toss the knife from right to left. I duck as he swings again before pushing me up against the railing once more. It takes both of my hands to stop his knife from plunging into my neck, but only one of his to pull my head back by my hair. We struggle for a few seconds until I latch into his wrist with my teeth, flipping over his arm, and propelling him into a metal bar. He tries to get up, failing once, before turning to look at me.

"Natasha?" He whispers, blue fading from his eyes. I punch him right in the nose and he falls back, lying on the catwalk in front of me. Pressing my finger to the com in my ear I speak out loud, knowing no one else is around.

"Fury, Barton is down. I repeat, threat is neutralized." I can hear an audible sigh from the other end.

"Well done Agent Romanoff. Med team is on their way to pick him up."

"Copy Sir,  awaiting the med team."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron POV

Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet

So they got Agent Barton back to their side, I felt his subconscious leaving as soon as Agent Romanoff hit his head against the catwalk railing. Cognitive Recalibration, that is how you knock Loki out of your system. Although I do enjoy the power and have no intentions of leaving his side It's useful information to stow away for later,  in case I need it for someone else.

"Dear, how far away from the tower are we?" Loki purrs in my ear, distracting me from my thoughts and flying the plane. I tear myself away from him and put us back on course.

"We should be there in 20 minutes, the trucks are there already. Selvig has the portal stabiliser set up and waiting for your signal, he built most of it on the drive to New York." Loki hums in my ear and sits down in the co-pilot seat, kicking his feet up on the dash and leaning back.

"You know darling, today is going to be a very good day. We've decimated any chance of S.H.I.E.L.D. coming after us, our army stands ready and our portal is primed. We have nothing to fear and nobody to worry about. All is good in our new Midgard, all is good." I nod and continue flying. Our Midgard, I like  the sound of that.