Here We Go Again

Just like that they were gone and everything was back to normal. Except it wasn't. I didn't feel comfortable pretending to be a boy anymore. My bindings were too tight, my wig to itchy, my uniform too constricting, and I kept slipping too, keeping my voice low was more of a struggle than it had been before, and then there was Wally.

After the date from hell he'd gone radio silent on me, well girl me. He'd been polite and distant as we said our goodbyes, I guess it made sense, it had been a terrible date, and maybe he just didn't like me that way, whatever the reason it still hurt like hell.  I was in love with him and I had to keep it off my face, to not let it show when I looked at him, when I talked to him, I thought about him constantly, and had no idea what to do about it!

Wally of course was oblivious, but that was to be expected. Men. 

If you wanted me to tell you why I loved Wally I would have a hard time of it, it wasn't just one thing, it was the way he smiled, the way he laughed, his sense of humour, how serious he was about his food, the way he was with the team, how he never took anything too seriously, though that also bugged me. I had never in the seven years I'd known him seen him truly serious about anything.

I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out of it, it did me no good to dwell on the whole thing. There would never be a Wally and me, we would never be together. I'd just ignore the way I felt about him and things would go back to normal, they had to.

...

"I met a girl." Wally said to me out of the blue a few weeks after we'd been back.

I blinked, it took me a minute to get my composure, but I thought I managed an even tone when I asked,

"What about that Wayne girl?"

He shook his head, "way to complicated, she didn't understand. This girl though, I met her when Flash to me to the watchtower, its Supergirl, now don't say what I think you're going to say, how on earth did you manage that, honestly I'm not really sure, but she's super cool, and really hot! More than that though, she really gets it, you know the hero thing, being different, powers and all that, Dixie didn't get it" He told me.

Supergirl, seriously!I wanted to smack him, and her, ugh, I could barely contain my jealousy and tell him that was super cool, good for him, before I made an excuse and left the room, heading to the gym.  Once I got there I closed and locked the door, then pulled off my wig, shirt, and two of my sports bras. Once they were off I took a moment to just breathe before taking my anger out on a heavy bag.

Stupid Wally.

Stupid Supergirl and her stupid powers.

Stupid feelings.

"arghhhhhhh!" I screamed landing a flying punch on the bag

 I may not have superpowers but I was a damn hero, and damn good at what I did.

I yelled again and kicked the bag.

"He's not worth it." Came a voice from the doorway.

Happy V-day guys! Here a twofer, hope at least some of you guys had a better day than me;)