The Change in Them

„Hey guys, I am back." Kira shouted when she opened the door to the locker room for woman.

Kira came back three days ago and she had to get used to living in America. Definitely, it was different than living in Japan. Now was the time to meet her team again.

"Welcome back! We have missed you!" they said and some of them hurried to hug her.

They got dressed to their sport's clothes and went to their own gym.

"Are you ok?" Kira's friend Christina approached her.

"Well yeah, I am fully healed."

"That's good, some of us thought you will not come back." She smiled at her.

I did not want to come back but the reason is different.

"How was Japan? Japanese basketball and so on?" she kept on asking curiously.

"Great! I have made a lot of memories and friends. I was with my dear brother and..." Kira said happily.

"What about some romance? Any love affair?" Christina cut her off impatiently.

"No. Well there was one guy I was interested in but I left earlier I had any chance to confess to him but I had to leave him anyway so there was no point in confessing."

"What?!!!" Christina yelled. " After basketball practice you have to tell me everything, understand?"

Kira sighed but nodded.

Christina was one of these girls who kept on bugging till you spilled everything they wanted to hear. There was no point in refusing.

***

Practice was hard... Even if Kira trained and played basketball with guys, American basketball's practice was one of the taughest. 

She sweated heavily and could not catch her breath.

"Kira, you have become lazy! One extra lap to avoid your laziness and one another for rolling your eyes at me!" coach screamed at her.

"I have not rolled my eyes!" She argued.

"But you wanted." He said.

Kira's left eye twitched in annoyance but he was right she wanted to roll her eyes.

After the practice where Kira nearly lost her soul she went with Christina to their favourite coffee house.

"So you can start." Christina said immediately they got inside the building.

"Can you wait for us to at least order something?" Kira shook her head unbelievingly.

"No." she stated.

"Urgh, whatever! Just wait." Kira was angry. She did not want to think about it so early about her staying in Japan and about him. On the other hand, she could have felt relieved after she will tell someone and they will comfort her.

When they had their orders, Kira looked at her friend who was shaking at her seat impatiently. Kira smiled and started to tell her everything.

"I did not want to have my heart broken so I kept silent about my feelings and left without saying himanything. I do not know if he likes me back but I did not want to destroy him and me as well. After few years I decided to come back to Japan and if I feel the same way I will confess to him and I hope he would accept me back. I hope we can be together."

Christina looked at her. "Why did you decide like this?"

"I am too young to have any relationship which would last my whole life and I want this one to last that long. I want to be prepared mentally and physically I am still young for that." She smiled.