Chapter 4

"Initiate you ready?" Eric calls from the other side of the curtain.

"Yeah," I say pulling my jacket on. I pull back the curtain and walk out. Eric looked me up and down, smirking. "Hey," I say snapping my fingers, "My eyes are up here." I say gesturing to my face.

"I couldn't see all this," Eric says pointing to my curves, "In your Abnegation clothes."

"I'm sorry but my body is not a show." I zip up my jacket annoyed.

"Sorry, we haven't had a sexy initiate in a while." He says gesturing to the door.

"Oh thanks." My voice dripping with sarcasm. "I still don't know where I'm going."

"Right" Eric says sighing and running his finger through his hair.

×××××××××

I am walking through, yet another, dark hallway with Eric. The lights are dim but I can see light at the end of the hall. "Straight ahead is the dining hall, it's open almost all day, but not at night. Any questions?" He asks.

"Nope." I say walking into the dining hall, "Oh wait, how would I be an asset?"

"I couldn't say. Not until we know we can trust you." Eric says.

I nod, and then walk in and try to look for somewhere to sit. I notice all the initiates sitting at 2 tables.

I head over to the tables, when I see my brother trying to flag me down. I ignore him and keep walking to the table.

"Hey Evie!" Peter says patting to the empty seat next to him.

"Hi." I say bluntly.

"Where did you go?" He asks, passing me an apple.

"My brother sent me to the infirmary."

"Your brother?" He asks trying not to choke.

"My brother is him" I say knocking my in the direction of Tobias. Peter turns and looks back at me in shock.

"Your brother is Four?!?"

"I guess you could say that."

"You know he was the best in his class." Peter says continuing to eat.

"I wonder why?" I mumble sarcastically to myself before putting my apple down. "I'm gonna go to the sleeping quarters." I say before standing up.

"Okay, I'll come with you. We can be bunk buddies."

"As long as you don't call me your 'bunk buddy' I'm fine with it."