Chapter 12

I sigh, picking up another speed-bag, hanging it where the other one was just a second ago.

"Evelyn, what's wrong?" Tobias asks me.

"What makes you think something is wrong?" I say through my teeth. Going back to punching the bag.

"That was the fifth speed-bag you broke, so somethings wrong. And if you don't tell me, I'll ask one of your little friends." Tobias teases me.

"You won't like it. But I don't want you pressuring my friends." I stop the bag from rocking. "The thing with Eric. That's what's wrong."

"What did he do?" He says clenching his jaw.

"He told me I was something more. He then made out with me. After that I went and had dinner, than me, Peter, and Al got tattoos. When I came out he was eating another girl's face." I say biting my lip.

"I'll kill him," Tobias says pacing.

"Toby," I say grabbing his hand. He calms down as soon as he hears me use the nickname from our childhood."He hurt me not you. I should've listened, I was stupid not to." He engulfs me in a well needed hug. I try to hold in my tears.

"Evelyn I can feel your chest retracting, you don't have to stay tough for me." Tobias whispers.

"Toby can we go to your apartment?" I asks barely a whisper. I feel him nodding.

"Come this way," He says guiding me towards the door.

It's still night, and I can hear the party in the pit from a mile away. "How do you fit in here?" I ask.

"I really don't, only in the ring." He says looking at me.

"Sorry about that by the way." I say pointing to the bruise I gave him.

"It's cool, you got your anger out and now you're talking to me. It's a win in my book." He says smiling putting his arm around my shoulder.

I hear boots booming on the floor and I don't need to see the person to know it's Eric. I stop in my tracks. "I can't do this." I whisper, panicking.

"Yes you can, I'm right here." Toby whispers back. I nod and I keep walking with Toby by my side.

"Evie," Eric says as soon as he sees me.

"Eric," I say as I walk right past him. I can smell the alcohol on him.

"Please let me explain." Eric says practically begging me.

"Go on," I say turning on my heel. I try to look as intimidating as possible, but it's hard since he is so much taller than I am.

"Look I saw you walk in with those two transfers, you looked so happy. I was angry I got drunk, I thought she was you." Eric says. I could hear the sadness dripping from his voice.

"Eric, go home you're drunk. But I forgive you, but only cause you're intoxicated." I respond. I then turn to Toby, "I still want to talk to you, but I want to make sure he gets home safe."