Chapter 7

"Stage One is the physical stage of our training." Eric yells through the training room. "Four and I will be judging you on your ability to shoot a gun, throw knifes, and fight. At the end of Stage One four Initiates will be cut. You will be ranked along with the Dauntless-Born, so I suggest that you try your hardest." he says smirking, "Today you will be learning how to shoot a gun before lunch and after lunch you will be in the ring. Now get started."

I walk to the table that has all the hand guns. I take one gun and two magazines, then start walking towards one of the targets. 

"Evie, what's wrong with your brother?" Peter asks taking the target next to mine. I look over to see that Tobias is still glaring at me.

"He's mad that me and Eric are friends." I say, spreading my legs a shoulder width apart aiming at the target in front of me.

"How do you have all of the boys wrapped around your finger?" Peter asks rhetorically. I put my finger on the trigger, take a deep breath, and fire my first shot.

"Well done, first jumper." Eric says from behind me looking at the bullet hole in the center of the targets forehead.

"Thanks," I say, breathing again and nailing the target in the shoulder, right next to the heart.

"Four, your sister's the best shot I've seen." Eric says smirking at him. Tobias shoots daggers at Eric. I smile at how annoyed my brother is, and take another shot hitting the target in the left knee. "Four, I'm going to go get Max, you okay watching the transfers?"

"I'll be fine." Tobias growls at Eric.

"There's no need to be mean Four." I sass at Tobias. As Eric walks out of the training room, Tobias marches at me pulling me by the hood of my jacket. "What the Hell?" I snap at him pulling out of his grasp.

"Lets not make a scene Evelyn."

"First that's not my name. Second I think you already have." I say pointing at all the others looking at us.

"Why are you so stubborn?" Tobias mumbles thinking I can't hear him.

"I think you can thank Marcus for that one." I retort.  Tobias groans in anger and punches the wall next to me. "I don't know why you dragged me here, but I'm going to go back to me target."

"No you're not." Tobias states grabbing my arm and pulling me back. "20 push-ups, now."

"Okay" I say getting on my knees and starting my push-ups.

"Down, up, One. Down, Up, Two. Down, Up, Three. Down, Up, Four. Down, Up, Five. Down, Up, Six, Dow-" Tobias counts until Eric cuts him off.

"Initiate, go to your target." Eric says glaring at Tobias. I get up and smile at Max before walking to my target. I grab my gun from my waistband, reloading, and getting in my stance. "Initiate, remove all but one bullet. And make it a headshot." I take out my bullets as I was told, get back in my stance leading with my dominant foot. I aim, breath, and fire, nailing my target on the bridge of his nose, or about wear it would be.

"Is this the first time you've shot a gun?" Max asks me when I turn around. I nod in response. "Okay, Eric,  She has off until after lunch. I want her in the ring with Molly, and I want to be here for the fight." Eric nods agreeing with what Max says.

"Are you insane? I'm not letting my sister in the ring with a Dauntless-born giant!" Tobias practically screams at Max.

"Sorry, Four, but I'm going to do what the Dauntless Leader wants me to do." I say as sweetly as I can with bursting into laughter.