2. Gotta Blast

When my eyes opened again, Zane and the strange man had stopped and there was a huge mansion before us, when he stopped running we were in front of the huge mansion

My eyes widened as he walked towards it. Opening the front door, he carried me through a hallway into a kitchen and placed me on a stool.

"You need to eat." He mumbled. Moments later a stack of pancakes and a glass of water were in front of me. I looked at them questionably.

"They aren't drugged"

I stared up at him blankly. Did he really expect me to fall for that trick?

He sighed and took the fork cutting a piece of the pancake and shoving it into his mouth. He swallowed the bite, gulping down the glass of water I hadn't noticed was in his hand.

Well, he didn't die. Or maybe the antidote is in the water.

I slowly took up the fork, eating only two pancakes before I was full and gulping down my water as well.

Just as I was about to rejoice that I hadn't died, a girl sauntered into the kitchen and kissed Zane, grinding herself into him. "Hi, baby."

I blinked dumbly, staring at them, and scoffing I slid off the stool, walking through the house. There sure were a lot of paintings on these walls.

Trailing my hand across the wall, my fingers skimmed over every picture and painting, I occasionally stopped to observe them. I could hear him walking behind me.

Sighing, I slipped out of the house and into a garden. Smiling and picking a rose, I tucked it behind my ear. "Love?" I heard behind me. Huffing, I continued walking. "Say something" he pleaded.

Why was I even jealous? I didn't know this guy.

I ignored him and walked towards a labyrinth of hedges. He gripped my arm and spun me around, growling lowly. "Do not ignore me when I talk to you."

"And who are you to boss me around?" I challenged.

"I am your mate."

"Yeah well, I'm not sure about this mate thing. But I'm pretty sure they don't go around kissing other people." I sneered.

His eyes turned gold and he bared his teeth in my face.

Well, his canines look really sharp don't they Charlotte?

I took a step back, his eyes watching my every move, "Gotta blast" I said, turning and running into what seemed like a maze of hedges.

A growl echoed behind me and I could hear his feet thudding against the ground. Crap. Crap crap crap.

I ran around the corner, turning around to see if he was gaining on me. I could feel the wind slapping my skin, thanks to my ripped dress, but I didn't have time to worry about being half-naked, I needed to run. When I turned around, I slammed into a wall of bushes.

What great luck I have.

I was trapped. I turned around slowly, as he stalked around the corner. "H-hey Zane. Funny seeing you here."

He towered over me, inhaling my scent. Gulping, I looked up to meet his stare. His head tilted to the side as he studied me.

He adjusted himself so that one hand was on my waist and the other beside my head. Now I was really trapped.

Nuzzling his head into my neck, he kissed it tenderly, paying keen attention to the spot where my neck meets my shoulders.

Without warning, he sunk his teeth into my neck, holding me in place as I started thrashing and screaming. I told you his canines looked sharp Charlotte.

He pulled away licking my neck.

Black dots started to cloud my vision and before I passed out I said, "Did you just bite me you asshole?"