IMPORTANT/PREVIEW

*UNEDITED*

OMFG GUYS IT'S BEEN FOOOREVER!!! I'M SORRY BUT I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO UPDATE.

I have been really busy the past month(s) and with exams coming up, and the concert I'm performing at (in THREE seperate band groups btw)...well...I have waaaay too much going on.

So I have to put Hawk Point on hold.
I'M SORRY

but GOOD NEWS I'll be continuing this once everything slows down school and work wise ;)

Aaaaand here's a sneek peek on the next chappie :)
AAAAAND I will be posting a new book here on wattpad (that I already wrote here a while ago but never published) though the title is yet to be determined. And for those wondering, GRIM will be updated soon since I have the first few chapters unpublished.

Love you little womb nuggets ♥♥♥

XOXOX
ZUZANNA MIRON

P.S.
SHOUT OUT TO JEROME WHO SHIPS AVEN AND CIF AND KEEPS REMINDING ME ABOUT IT!!! I'M GONNA CONTINUE THIS FOR YOU (LATER LOL) BUDDY!!!!!!

Cif can't help but throw her arms around Christopher.

The light of the match goes out but all that matters is that her father-figure is alright and alive. Her arms lock around his waist and she inhales into his rumpled madras shirt, taking in the familiar scent of clove cigarettes. The rise and fall of his chest is unsteady and quick, but his heart is pounding, clam, against his ribcage. She can hear it going, like a clock ticking. It brings her a sense of comfort.

"What are you doing here?" He asks in his  deep bass voice, the sharpness in his tone taking Cif by surprise. She frowns and pulls away from him, suddenly feeling very cold. It is too dark to see his face but by his tone, Cif can assume that he is not happy.

"We came to find you of course." She replies, her voice quivering. There is a tense pause.

"With him?" She can only assume that Christopher means Aven.

Cif can hear Aven make an unintelligent comment under his breath before saying, "I helped."

"Of course you did," Christopher says curtly. His hand clamps over Cif's shoulder with a steel grip, a once very familiar gesture that now feels alien, "It's not safe here. You should leave."

Cif can feel her heart drop, "Without you?"

"It's complicated---" Christopher is cut off when a strangled laugh escapes Aven.

"Complicated?" The word is a raspy gasp as Aven attempts to catch his breath, "That's all you have to say after all the shit we went through to find you? 'You have to leave without me because 'It's complicated' ? What a load of bullshit."

"Aven!" Cif snaps and to her surprise, he falls silent. An exhausted breath escapes Cif and her fingers curl upon her palms; she is shaking, tiny tremors that race along her limbs. "Chris," she winces when she hears her voice shake as well, but she continues, "I don't know what's happening. You vanish, these people take in me and Luke, my brother is Joe fucking Klinsey---"

A large hand clamps over Cif's mouth and she has to fight the urge to bite at it. Christopher's grip on her shoulder tightens.

"Don't you ever," he hisses, "say that name again. Never say that name ever again."

"And it's 'Luke and I' not 'me and Luke.'" Aven adds, and Cif hears a contained irritation in his voice, though it is unknown whether it is directed to her or Christopher.

"That's enough Winters," Christopher says loudly, "Twenty years and you're still acting like a four-year-old."

"A four-year-old with amazing humor and great grammer." Aven replies.

Christopher sighs and he removes his hand from Cif's face, his grip on her shoulder loosening. Cold air hits Cif, and the chilly dampness of the underground tunnel begins to seep into her bones.

"You have to explain things to me." She tells Christopher. "I promise I won't get mad. I'm sorry that I got angry and stormed out when I found out about Christian, please, it won't happen again. I just want the truth."

"Nobody wants the truth when they know it's bad," Aven says, and Cif can feel his body heat as he steps closer to her. He wraps his hand around hers, coaxing her fingers from her palm, "It's obvious he's not going to tell us anything. Maybe we should just leave him."

"NO!" Cif jerks her hand away from him, her voice ricocheting off the narrow walls. She doesn't need light to see the startled look on Aven's face, she can visualize it clearly enough. "No," she repeats quietly, "please. I just need to know."

"What do you need to know?"  Christopher asks, releasing her shoulder. Cif can hear him take a step back.

"Is Joe really my brother?"

There is a tense silence, so tense that Cif can feel the pressure of it in her ears.

"Yes."

"Is the world really going to end?"

"Yes."

"Can I trust Dustin?" An unintelligent noise escapes from the back of Aven's throat, something that sounds like 'you mean that trucking pass mole?' Cif chooses to ignore it, despite being tempted to chuckle.

Silence falls upon them again, only to be broken when Christopher says:

"Who the fuck is Dustin?"

"Oh you know," there is laughter in Aven's voice, "the dumbass kid living with Mildred. He has this weird screwed up face when he's trying to think and he smells like death."

"That's very accurate," Christopher says, not sounding at all amused, "Thank you."

"What Aven is trying to say," Cif says in a raised voice, "Is that he's a new friend of ours and that he has a perfectly fine thinking face. And he does not smell like death."

"Yeah, you're right. Death smells like him. And is he even capable of thinking?" Aven adds, "I mean, he looks like he's lacking in the intelligence department."

TO BE CONTINUED (AFTER EXAMS)