6: new leaf

ITS FRIDAY!

imma introduce a new character here btw!

Marilyn Xavier, portrayed by the lovely Amelia Zadro!

ENJOY!

_____________________________

Michael Xavier.

I was so sure of my action. I was so confident.

I was ready to push her and see her fall 18 floors down.

I was so prepared to see her body on the ground below me.

But then, she looked at me.

Her green eyes pleaded for attention, for love. Those eyes that had been through a lot. Those eyes that silently begged me not to kill her, even though she didn't know that she was going to be killed.

"I think from anywhere I stand, the view looks pretty much the same." Even her bored tone sounded so cute.

I couldn't do this.

Not now.

I put down my hand from her back and smiled. "True. I guess I just want to be alone with you, Monica."

She blushed so hard then walked away. "Are we done here? Can I leave?"

Before I could say "Absolutely not.", I heard footsteps getting closer to my office. I heard my assistant said "Mr. Xavier doesn't want to be disturbed" or something like that, then continued with a girl's voice, saying, "Who is it this time?".

Ah. I knew this voice very well.

I opened the black door and greeted her.

"Little sister."

"Who's in there?" Her voice was soft, but it has some sass to it.

"I was meeting with a person from the design house, discussing my future campaign logo." I pointed my hand toward the door. "Wanna come in?"

"Sure. Why not." She walked inside elegantly. As expected from my little sister, born and raised to be the perfect proper lady.

As I saw her eyes met Monica's, she was slightly surprised. Her brows lifted up and her eyes has gotten wider. Suddenly she turned her head towards me. I knew what was she was going to say, but she couldn't say it here, not when Monica's still around. I just replied her with a small nod.

Yes, Marilyn. She's the girl.

***

Monica Norwood.

And who was this gorgeous looking girl in front of me? She looked so elegant and expensive, even with that very thin make up on her face, she looked flawless. Her skin was so fair, I bet she didn't go out under the sun that much.

She had the same blue eyes and dark hair like Michael's, are they relatives?

Then she walked closer to me, putting up a very feminine smile. She was slightly shorter than me. She held out her hands, and said, "hi, Marilyn Xavier. Call me Marilyn. Michael's little sister."

Ah, of course. Damn genetics. "Monica Norwood. Michael- I mean Mr. Xavier is my client."

"I see. I hope my brother's not troubling you. He is a bit troublesome." She giggled.

"No! He is very...", I looked at Michael. He looked at me back with an intense stare, accompanied by a faint smirk. Gulp. "...professional."

"That's great." She gripped her clutch even tighter. Wow, she has such small and delicate hands. "If you don't mind, I would like to have a word with my brother. You know, family stuff."

"No, not at all! I'm about to leave anyways." I let out my most friendliest smile. "Well then excuse me. Marilyn. Mr. Xavier." Then I took my leave alone.

Or so I thought.

"I'll walk you out." Michael followed suit. Like it was a thing now, his hand dropped at my lower back, but this time, his touch no longer made me nervous or hot, now I felt comfortable by his touch. It soothed me.

Once we were at the lobby, he asked me to wait and called a man wearing a black suit. They spoke for a while, until the man nodded and left. He returned to me with a soft smile. "I ordered one of my men to drive you back, since I can't do that myself."

"Please, you don't have to do that! I could just call a cab—" I stopped. Not because of what he was doing. But because of the way he looked at me. His eyes were so soft and I could see the blue colour shining bright like the sea showered by the sun. His eyes stated some kind of... guilt?

"I want to make it up to you. For what you saw 3 days ago." He scratched the back of his head. This was the first time I saw him nervous! And it was actually pretty cute.

"It's no big deal, really, I mean I have no right to judge you. You don't have to apologise. You're free to kiss anyone. Besides, I was with a guy too, so..." I shrugged.

"I know, but that was inappropriate. Unprofessional. Especially when I knew that you were looking." He averted his eyes from mine. He really was nervous.

"Perhaps you were drunk back then. No problem." I smiled thoughtfully.

Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe he really was drunk the other night. And if he wanted to take advantage of me, he would've definitely done that. But no. I guess he was just... feeling bad towards me? But I still couldn't read him. He has something that he didn't want to share. But what?

Suddenly, the man from before called him and told him that the car was ready. I thanked him and walked towards the car. Black BMW i8 sports car. Fancy.

He managed to open the car door for me, holding it as I entered the car. What a true gentleman now eh?

Before he closed the car door, he looked at me again with the same apologetic eyes. I called it, Michael's puppy eyes.

"I still want to make it up to you. How about dinner this weekend?" He smirked, but not in a flirtatious way, more like a playful cheeky kind of smirk.

He just asked me out.

On a dinner.

This weekend!

Part of me wanted to refuse because I didn't want to be like the other girls whom he used for his own needs. But part of me dearly willing to say yes, because these kinds of opportunity didn't come everyday, dumbass!

Just look at him!

He's deadly gorgeous!

Oh who am I kidding?

"That sounds great." I smiled.

Damn it, what should I wear?

___________________________________

SOOOOO what do you think?

how do you like Marilyn so far? she sounds super elegant eh? *exact opposite of me btw hm*

THANK GOD MICHAEL DIDN'T MAKE THE PUSH BTW

or the story would end on this chapter lol

that's not what you guys want right??? *bring out michael's puppy eyes*

THANKS A BUNCH for reading another chapter, and SORRY if it doesn't pleases ur beautiful hearts and souls and brains :(

don't forget to give me ur comments and other stuffs you wanna tell me kaaaaay

updates every FRIDAY! COOL? COOL.

xoxo

MT.