12: have a taste

UPDATE DAY

a gif of sean o' pry (michael) to test our faiths <3

faiths <3

ENJOY!

______________________________________

Monica Norwood

I felt like the biggest idiot in the world.

First, I just asked New York's most eligible bachelor to go to my house.

Then, I offered to cook for him.

After I was done texting him, I just realised one very, very important thing.

I couldn't cook. Like, legit. I nearly burned my place when I tried to cook.

And I was offering to cook for Michael Xavier?!

"You're an idiot, Monica." I punished myself in the brain by saying that line repetitively. "You seriously have a death wish."

Not long after, I started fumbling my fingers through my phone for random egg dish recipes. I mean, some of them were doable, but I didn't want to serve Michael a simple plain omelette! I wanted to show him that I could cook elaborate dishes, well, at least, faked that I could.

When I've found the perfect recipe which was not too hard and not too simple, I watched so many videos on how that dish were made and studied them deeply. I just wanted this Saturday to be perfect.

I realised my feelings for Michael, and I knew that it was not a fairy tale, but I've never felt this way before to anyone. I hoped that my effort would be worth it, because I wouldn't want to practise cooking this hard just for anyone.

Saturday came by like a flash, and now I was preparing my mental and physic for Michael's arrival tonight. I had prepared all of the ingredients for the dish, stored nicely in the fridge and the cabinets. I also chose a nice plain cream coloured dress to go with my black cooking apron.

As I was lining the ingredients on the kitchen island, my doorbell rang. I quickly walked to the door and opened it. There he was, standing there like a Greek God, wearing a black t-shirt that managed to popped his muscles more than usual, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a million dollar smile.

"Hey." I greeted him. "Come in."

"Okay, thanks." He smiled as he walked in. He looked around my simple and modern flat, observing the place. "Nice place."

"Thank you. I mean it's not that bad." I shrugged.

He stopped when he saw my old wings in the middle of the room. He didn't look surprised though, he was just staring, but he looked like he was thinking about something.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's beautiful." He looked at me, the edge of his lips curved to a smile. "So, where's the food? I'm starving."