Leaving Base

Kagome's POV:
I wake up early to find Inuyasha stocking bags and loading weapons. Everyone else was asleep.
I get up and walk over to him.
"Up so early?" He whispers.
"Just a habit." I reply.
"Well it's a damn good one. It's best to be ready at dawn." He said.
"Need any help?" I ask quietly.
"Sure. Pack every bag with ten food items, a flashlight, a radio, a first aid box, five bottles of water, and two melee weapons of any kind." He said as he handed me sixteen bags.
I started putting supplies in the bags while Inuyasha continued loading the guns and packing ammunition in small bags that connected to weapon belts or survival kits. We continued to do this for a while, but by the time everyone was up, we had finished.
"Who's coming on the supply run with me?" Inuyasha asked.
Kohaku, Sesshomaru, and Koga volunteered to go with, as did I. We all left to the nearest supply outlets. The first one contained armory.
Inuyasha picked out the ammunition while Sesshomaru and Kohaku looked for weapons and tools. Koga and I kept guard.
"Hey, Kagome." Inuyasha said, causing me to turn around. "Catch." He tossed a thick leather jacket towards me.
"What's this for?" I ask.
"It's thick and too hard for the Biters to get through, so it'll protect you." He said. "Plus, you're not the best shot..." He added.
I nodded and put the jacket on.
"That's everything." Sesshomaru said.
"Let's head to another place." Inuyasha said back.
We went to a few more places and came back with almost nothing. What I did notice since the first time I saw Inuyasha was that he wore a leather jacket as well. He probably knew about it's safety. I sighed as we walked back to base and realized that Inuyasha was right, there was almost nothing left.
It had already become pitch black in the room except for the one lantern we always lit so that we could see everything if someone got up.
I looked around and slowly drifted off to sleep.
When I woke up it was about the same time as when I woke up yesterday. Once again, I saw Inuyasha, awake early in the morning as usual.
"Good, you're awake. I was just about to wake everyone up. We gotta get going before the Biters get active." He said getting up.
"Should I grab my bag?" I ask.
"Go ahead." He replied.
He woke everyone up and they all grabbed their bags and weapons and we all set off.
Inuyasha and Kikyo walked ahead, as she was the medic, and the strongest ones in the group were put along the sides and in the back so that the weaker were protected.
Yeah, we were in for a lot...

-To Be Continued...

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Remember to
Comment!
Vote!
Share!

Peace Out Guys!!! ;)