Dawn vs. Dusk: Which Side of Him Will Win?

As Inuyasha ranted at the others it seemed he was going to blow a fuse. I dared not step in at that time.
"I'm the bad guy, huh?! Haha, well that's funny, I have to be the bad guy if this group is going to stay together! I guess you guys don't know how it feels to lose someone then?! To lose the person you cared the most about and knowing that you could've done something?! ...Heh, that's what I thought. None of you could ever understand how this feels. You may have lost friends and family, but you weren't there, there was nothing you could do! None of you could understand this because I, as a leader, have to make sure you're all safe, and for what? You to feed me to the Biters after all I've done for you?! All of you would have starved out there or died by the hands of another human being. I can't take this anymore, if you don't want me as a leader, I'm gone. Have fun watching the group crumble beneath you as one person if picked off every now and then. I know I had plenty of fun with that...!" As he finished his rant, he turned away from the group and stormed off. Sesshomaru went after him immediately afterwards.

Inuyasha's POV:
I ran out of our base in a boiling rage. How could they think that I'm not trying? They don't know anything!
"Inuyasha." I had been sitting against a cherry blossom tree with my face in my hands when I heard Sesshomaru's voice ahead of me.
"What do you want?!" I replied in a harsh tone.
He walked over to me. "Calm down, I just want to talk to you." He sat beside me. "Why are you so upset?"
"Weren't you listening before?! They just don't-"
"No. Why are you upset? Not how did they upset you."
I closed my eyes and sighed. "It's just frustrating, ya know? It's hard to be the fearless leader they expect and their friend at the same time. Being the leader is the hardest role I've ever played, and honestly, I don't think I'm doing it right..."
"I see. They're not really angry at you, Inuyasha. They're just scared that someone else may die, and I'm sorry to say this, but in a world like this, people will die, we just have to keep going if we want to survive. As the leader you have to know that it's not they and you, but referred to as 'us'. So you decide. Will the Dawn light the dark sky, or will the Dusk close the bright day with a shadowy end?"
"You're right. I know what I have to do now. Thanks Sesshomaru."
I got up and ran back to the base quickly, hoping everyone would forgive my outburst. I realized I was being stupid, and that not everything that happens to me matters, as long as I'm protecting them.
Don't hate me...

Hey guys, here's the new chapter. I tried to give it my all, so I hope you enjoy it. Yay!
As always,
Vote!
Comment!
Follow!
And I'll see you in the next chapter!
Peace out my friends!

With love, zerothegreywerewolf