Fear

Kagome's POV:
I had woke up to a gunshot coming from Inuyasha's gun.
With the ends of the bridge tied off, we were a protected at least a little.
Inuyasha took first guard and nobody else wanted to, so he was taking the shift for the whole night.
"Hey, Miss?" The little boy asked me.
"Yes?" I replied.
"What do you think of the leader?" He continued.
"He's a good person... He's just scared like everyone else.." I replied.
"Then you haven't seen his bad side..." Shippo said.
I sigh.
Inuyasha started to shoot more rapidly and duck a bit more. I looked closer and saw he was dodging bullets fired at him.
It was late at night and everyone was huddled together in fear.
Koga seemed to be getting sick and Kikyo was tending to everyone who was wounded before they got to the bridge, so Inuyasha was dealing with the bandits alone.
I got up with my gun and ran over to him. I tried to shoot them, but missed.
"What the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" He yelled, firing a few times mid sentence.
He shot the remaining ones and turned to me.
"Kagome, you can't just-" He had been cut off by another gunshot.
Pain...
Inuyasha's POV:
"Damn it! I need help over here!" I shouted.
Kikyo and Kaede ran over quickly seeing Kagome on the ground.
"Take care of her. She was shot.." I said.
Another bullet was fired.
Damn! It almost hit me!
I pulled out my heavy duty hunting rifle and used the magnifier on the top to aim. I spotted him and pulled the trigger. He was dead.
I huffed and ran back to the middle of the bridge where the camp was.
Kikyo and Kaede were trying to help Kagome with their best efforts.
I sat down and sighed.
"Next time don't let anyone who doesn't have an accurate shot near the shooting site. That's your job, Miroku." I said.
"I didn't see her." He argued.
I growl and he decides not to argue.
Kagome wakes up about an hour later.
She looked so cunfused as to where she was or if she was even alive....

-To Be Continued...