Chapter-1

-Previously in DiR-

A lady? Who could it be? She wanted to meet Victor. Why was she here?

"I'm coming." I said dismissing him.

I walked to the hall with different question arising in my head. I felt little dizzy.

I looked at the lady who was waiting for Victor.

I looked and couldn't take eyes off her.

She had the same flawless skin. Her black eyes were still young. Her long dark had not turned into grey. She was just the same. She had not aged even a day. She was alive, here in front of me.

She looked up and her eyes met mine.

"Kaitlin," I whispered.

***

"The world is a book and if you do not travel you read only one page"-St. Augustine

Chapter-1

-Karen-

"Why are you so lost?" Jon Carlton, my best friend asked nudging my elbow. "Are you thinking about Nate again?"

Jon was a good liar and I had fallen for his good acting on my birthday. My repeated-birthday actually. He had pretended like he didn't remember any of the things that had happened to us and I thought it was the side effect of travelling through a time portal because Victor had warned me already.

The thing was, Jon hadn't forgotten anything.

It happened like this:

"Karen, are you coming or not?" He tapped his feet.

"No," I whispered-screamed. "I'm not going to that mansion ever."

"Hey, calm down." He said in a worried tone. "Why are you so jumpy tonight? Must be a turning eighteen thing. I ate the whole cake when I turned eighteen. I guess turning eighteen turns you kind of crazy."

"We can't go back to that mansion again, Jon," I said. "Do you understand?".

"Again?" He asked.

"Yes, we just can't."

I forced every word out of my mouth.

"I know, Karen." He smiled mysteriously.

Maybe he had his memories and he was joking around. Jon was great at acting.

"What do you know?" I asked.

There was silence. Then he spoke.

"That you're the biggest scaredy cat ever to walk this Earth." He laughed.

I exhaled. He didn't remember.

"Gotcha! Look at that freaked out face. Oh my god you're so scared." Jon started laughing. "This is totally a camera moment."

I punched him and glared up at him. He remembered everything. How could I be so stupid to fall for this act?

"I just woke up from my sleep and realised that I was home. I checked my phone, calendar and even my laptop for the date. It was the same when we had gone to the mansion, your birthday."

"I thought you forgot." I said dropping on my bed. "You really got me."

"I know how good I'm at acting." He crossed his arms on his chest. "So how are you gonna celebrate your birthday this time. Are you feeling nice about this whole thing? Getting to celebrate your birthday twice on the same day is not usual, you know. You must be pretty excited."