Chapter-4

-Previously in DiT-

"You!" I screamed. "What-what are you doing here?"

His sparkling green eyes looked at me in relief. He took a long breath and stared at me for a moment before speaking.

"I'm here to take you back."

I stepped away from him, feeling the danger in his stare. He smiled. A very cunning and intelligent smile. I looked at him and stopped myself from screaming again. There were people around and I didn't want them to know what was going on here or get any wrong ideas.

I looked at the dress he was wearing. He was wearing a black coat. He seemed more of an aged man than a boy of my age.

Well, not a normal boy exactly. He was gorgeous. And dangerous. A vampire.

"Why?" I breathed.

He titled his head sideways and smiled again.

"We need you there," Was all he said before he picked me up.

***

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something. Sometime in your life." Winston Churchill.

Chapter-4

-Karen-

"Put her down," It was Jon who got out of the haze and reacted first. I thought he was never going to say a word.

"What the heck? Put me down!" I screamed. "Let go of me."

Nate smiled. He was holding me in bridal style. Some people were staring at us, intrigued by the sight. Nate didn't notice them, which was surprising. He seemed different. I couldn't put the finger on the difference but I was sure something was different. He was...playful.

"You've to come back with me to the other dimension." He said, putting me down slowly.

"But why?" I asked.

He looked at Jon then back at me.

"I need to talk to you alone." He stressed on the word alone.

"You can say anything in front of Jon." I narrowed my eyes. "He is trustable."

"You can't take her back with you to that freaking dimension ever again." Jon stepped ahead, shielding me. "Get your ass out of here. Go back to your-"

I didn't even see Nate move but he was clutching at Jon's collar in a second. Vampires were fast, I need not to tell you. He looked straight in his eyes. His fangs hadn't come out but I knew they were on their way to come out. Something was drastically changed about him.

"You're alive only because she wants you to live." He growled. "It wouldn't take me a minute to execute you right here."

"Don't make a scene here." I tried removing his stone hands away from Jon's collar. "You can come to my house from the window."

Nate raised his eyebrow. I exhaled.

"It is the only way to get you in without getting noticed by my parents at home." I dragged Jon back with me. He didn't protest. "What's the matter by the way? Victor was here to warn me too."

Jon's head snapped in my direction.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I apologized. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow."

"You better tell me." He said. "And I'm not leaving you alone with this filthy demon."

"Have you forgotten how I can drink blood at the blink of an eye?" Nate asked him. His deadly stare told me that he was surely going to do that with Jon. "You don't stand a chance against me."