Chapter-2

-Previously in DiT-

"Looks pretty cool," He said. "Thank you so much, Karen."

There was something odd when he took my name. I shook my head. I was beginning to suspect everyone after I had come back. After Lady Adeline had warned me about the danger in this world, I was being paranoid to everything that happened to me.

"Do you think there is a world outside this?"

I turned to Xavier.

"What?"

"I asked do you think we have the same class next." He smiled.

I looked at him confused. I had heard something else. I was getting mad. First Jon had to kiss that Maya to make me jealous and now my mind was playing games with me. My ears were teaming with my mind.

"What do you have next?" I asked.

"Math," He shrugged.

"Same." I said.

We proceeded towards the math class.

***

"There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast."- Charles Dickens

Chapter-2

-Karen-

"Please be polite to him, Beth." I groaned. Beth was staring at Xavier like he was a fresh meat.

"I'm being extra polite to him." Then she whispered in my ear. "I bet he has eight-pack underneath his T-shirt."

I groaned again. Beth was one of the most intelligent girls when it came to boys. She never ran after a handsome boy, never went on a date without double checking the boy's background and she never let the boyfriend troubles get into her studies. Here she was checking out the new kid with her drooling mouth which I had to shut with my hand time to time.

"Umm...can we go on a date?" She asked him and my mouth dropped to the floor.

Xavier gave her a sweet smile and raised his eyebrows. No one could raise one eyebrow as perfectly as Victor could.

Stop thinking about him, Karen. I scolded myself.

"Let's know each other very well first." He said. "Then maybe we can go on a successful date. Let's be slow."

"I hate slow." Beth made a face that I would call dangerously-sick-sexy face.

"Guys, I have to meet Jon before he forgets that he has a chemistry pop quiz today." I said standing up from my chair.

"If he gets away from Maya White's face, I think he can remember it himself." Beth exhaled, and then turned to Xavier. "Karen is crazy for her best friend."

"That's...nice." Xavier hissed the word. "Does he love you back?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

That was the constant answer I could give whenever someone asked me about Jon's feelings towards me. The whole school seemed to know this but Jon. I don't know whether he was pretending not to know or he didn't care. The Jon I knew always cared for me. He could never do this torturous thing to me.

"Better ask him, before it's too late." Xavier mumbled.

I looked at him. His brown eyes were distant and secretive. He talked mysteriously. I had to be careful of this new guy. We never knew if it was a tiger in the clothing of a sheep. Okay, I sound weird but I could trust nobody after coming back from the other dimension.