Chap.5: It's A ___!

Luna's POV

Today is a special day. Why? Well it's because today I finally get to know what the sex of the baby is!! Although I may not show it, I am excited to know whether I'll have a daughter or son. Zett still believes it's a girl and has thought of which i find real ugly. Such as Madison or Katie. Sorry it's just that those names are so plain! I want a unique name like mine and Zett's. Something with a wonderful story behind the name. At 18 weeks it's moving a lot more now and it's ears are apparently in their final position. Not to mention my cravings are insane, but Zett makes sure I eat lots of nutritious food. It's September now and it's starting to get a bit chilly so I decided to dress in a black sweater type dress with black leggings. I'm still not really showing so hopefully it's ok despite it not showing.

"Today's the day. Get ready to start painting the nursery pink"

"Eww no! Pink is out of the question! It's either purple or yellow."

"But my little girl says she wants pink." I just looked at him and he immediately shut up not wanting to make me angry. I've been a bit cranky because now my back is starting to hurt and plus this kid will not let me sleep. Luckily it decided i needed some rest, or maybe it just got tired itself, so i can see it's beautiful image on screen.

As I layed on the table i stared at the screen anxiously awaiting the lovely image. The screen started moving displaying it's hands, feet, and even its head! Finally it was time....

"Congratulations Ms. Black. You're having a boy." I smiled so much that I didn't even realize I had been holding Zett's hand for awhile now. I then got up and without a second thought hugged him. Zett was shocked at first, but hugged me back.

"Now I do have some concerns." I looked at the doctor my smiled now faded. "You haven't gained much weight, but he seems to be doing just fine which is a bit odd. Anyways try to gain some more pounds"

"Got ya" said Zett. Afterwards, we then decided to head over to babies r us and start buying stuff for him. We bought all kinds of stuff such as bibs, blankets, pacifiers, bottles, toys as well as clothes. Now what we really needed was all the big stuff. While I checked out cribs, Zett went to look at strollers. I looked at them all, but i'm quite stingy with money even though i can always get more by pick pocketing people, so i want a useful kind. That's when i found the perfect one! It was a 3 stage one that could be a crib then a toddlers bed and finally a full size bed.

"Hey Luna look! This one comes with a stroller AND a car seat!"

"Great! I got the perfect crib to go with it." I showed him the box and he agreed, but we weren't done here yet. I wanted some sort of stuff animal that could be a family heirloom. Unfortunately, I didn't find it. I was disappointed, but at least I got most of the important stuff for him. We had to have some stuff delivered since they didn't all fit in the car. On the drive home, I couldn't help but rub my stomach as he kept kicking. I ended up humming a tune and slowly, but surely the kicking stopped.

"Hey Zett."

"Yes"

"Why do you care about the baby so much. You know he's not yours."

"Biologically no. Like they say 'a father isn't who made it, but who raised it' and I don't care, Luna. Blood or not. That's my son." I didn't know how to respond so I just stayed quiet. It's nice he thinks that way, but I had planned to do this all alone. No help or anything. Just me playing the mom and dad role. Then again it's not fair to him. He deserves two parents, but what I'm worried about is when Zett discovers the baby's half vampire he might leave. Why should the little one get so attached to him and then just have him disappear like that? I will not let that happen! From today onwards I have to be a bit more guarded just in case that day comes.