Chap.9: This Christmas

Luna's POV

Well December is now here and the snow is falling ever so... heavy. Zett had to work today leaving me alone. Poor thing had to get up an hour early just to shovel snow from the driveway. I was sitting on the sofa watching the snow gradually become a blizzard. I just hope it won't be like this for christmas. I've always wanted one of those "Perfect Christmases" with the house lit up, a big tree, and hot chocolate by the fire. So cliche I know, but I can dream. I was already 6 months and I hated it. Zett makes fun of me since i waddled. Lately he hasn't really annoyed me and I'm guessing it's the job. He sometimes comes home so late he literally passes out on the living room floor. At that moment I had a great idea. I got the air mattress and set near the fire. He deserves a nice gesture every once in awhile since he works so hard.
"The storm doesn't seem to be letting up. Better prepare some candles." I told myself. As soon as I lit the last candle the damn electricity went out.
"Great." The house slowly started losing its heat, so i quickly made some soup along with grilled cheese. It was so delicious! It really warmed me up.
Afterwards I decided to just lay down and rest but this kid decided to practice his 'karate' moves. After nearly 2 hours Zett had arrived covered in snow.
"That storm is really bad. We got out early today, but traffic was horrible." One by one Zett stripped his clothing til he was down to his boxers. I quickly turned the other way not wanting too see his 'hoohaw.' I could hear him pour the soup in a bowl as I kept my facing the fire. He eventually laid next to me and even tried cuddling me.
"Can you not." I said a bit irritated.
"Aren't you cold? This way I can warm you up."
"No thank you. I'm fine." Zett just shrugged his shoulders and curled up in bed. The warmth of the fire eventually made me drowsy and for the first time in months I fell asleep peacefully.

Vladimir's POV

This storm was the worst we've had in years. I'm basically stuck in my apartment. Powers out meaning no TV, no internet, and no Dinner. I admit it. Lately I've gotten lazy and have only been buying TV Dinners. Why bother cooking when there's no one but you in the house. I just laid on my couch playing games on my cell til the battery finally died and just when I thought I would die of boredom, there came a knock on my door. I jolted right up and went to answer it only to see my brother.
"I'm gonna ask her out today." Draco's eyes were full of excitement."
"How are you going to when there's a blizzard outside? In fact, how did you even get here?"
"Love knows no boundaries. I gotta get her something. What about those flowers?" He pointed to a bouquet that was just sitting on the counter.
"Go ahead. I keep getting flowers from some secret admirer. I usually just let them wilt and die."
"Thanks. Gotta anything else."
"Jut those. Haven't really left the house."
"Why not? Didn't you move here in the first place to search for Luna?" He's right. I've forgotten why I was even hair. With that thought in mind I quickly put on my coat and dashed outside. The wind was blowing hard yet adrenaline filled my veins. I felt motivated and determined. Eventually, my energy faded and my legs collapsed into the cold, deep snow. I was defeated once again. What was i even doing? All my efforts seemed meaningless. If i couldn't find her in this town then I guess that means I never will. I started getting frustrating and eventually punched/kicked the snow. My vampire instincts kicked and I was blood-thirsty. My blood red eyes turned black and I had no concern for my surroundings. I had blacked out.

When I came to, I was drenched in blood that was not mine and I was laying in the middle of the forest. I got up and realized I had slaughtered a couple. Their guys were ripped out and the fear clearly showed on their faces. I wiped my mouth and left. What else could I do? I'm a vampire after all. There have been times when others had lost control and accidents happen. We have come along way to the point we can actually enjoy the many foods the world has created. Aahh I'm getting off topic. Anyways I decided to just go back to my apartment and luckily the electricity was back on.