Chap.14: New Perspectives

Hello everyone. As a treat I decided to add the Shadows family POV. Well enjoy :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Serene's POV

The decision that was made the other night really bothers me. As a mother myself I couldn't bear the thought of losing my child especially an unborn one. I'm even pro-life! No child should have to be killed because of the carelessness of their parents. That's why we have protection for god's sake! Excuse the yelling it just really tends to get me worked up when talking about children. Anyways I was up in bed reading a book. I had a short white nightgown with a hint of baby blue which really showed off my nice legs. Ray was taking a shower and my cute grandson had left me. I nearly forgot the joy of having a baby at home. I had begged them to let me keep him for a few days, but they told me no. I had just finished a chapter when Ray stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel on. I loved how long his jet black hair cascaded over his shoulders. He was skinny yet muscular and oh how I loved his eyes. He caught me checking him out and smirked at me.

"Like what you see?"

"Indeed I do." I laid on my stomach showing off my ass to him. He immediately pounced on me. The Shadows men are known to be aggressive especially when aroused, but when they're in love you are considered lucky. They treat you like a queen and are amazing lovers. He laid on top of me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh my sweet Serene. You are so beautiful."

"As are you, Ray. I'm just a mere average girl who was lucky enough to have you."

"Oh please. Why else would that baker in Paris refer to you as an angel then?" We laughed and ended up making sweet, passionate love. The next morning I did something unbelievable. I went to go see Emma. When she answered the door she was so shocked to see me.

"May I come in?" I asked. She nodded and showed to the couch.

"Miss Shadows. Why exactly are you here?"

"I just came to talk." I looked around and saw she had already bought baby things. She was showing a bit of stomach and wore a nice flowy blue dress with white flats. She was sweet enough to prepare tea for me and we sat in silence til she spoke.

"I love him."

"I know dear. If the baby is his I promise my son will take responsibility, but you must understand he loves someone else. Please don't try and get between their happiness."

"But its not fair. We were fine those last few months until SHE came along."

"Not true. I remember before our trips before Paris he was miserable. He hardly came out of his room and if I'm correct she's the whole reason he got this apartment." My words hit her hard and she started crying. I comforted her as she cried and wiped her tears with a tissue.

"I should've know no one would love me"

"Don't say that. You'll find someone who will cherish you like you should be. My son has a bit of an ego and even he has a hard time with people." She sniffed and blew her nose. After awhile I decided to leave and hoped no harm would come to her and her child.

Ray's POV

"You did what!?" I yelled at my wife as she stood there as calm as can be as I scolded her. After I had managed to calm down I quickly apologized to her for yelling.

"It's ok honey. I know you were only angry." I held her in my arms and knew why she did it. Serene has one of the hugest hearts ever and she always tried to be fair. Her heart is why I married her in the first place.

"Maybe your talk with her has helped somehow."

"I think it has. She's already boughten baby stuff you know."