Chapter 1

(Edited): Hello people: This is just a brief author's note to say hello. Also, this fan-fiction will loosely follow the anime, not the manga. :) I apologise for any mistakes before hand. I hope you enjoy :) One other thing, there's a pic of Amanda on the side in her 'uniform'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the school grounds and sighed. I didn't want to be there, to put it simply. I hated the fact that I had to attend a posh school, even though I get good grades. I just don't socialize well, I guess. I made my way hesitantly to what I assumed was the front office. It had a sign above it, but I couldn't read it, due to the fact it was in Japanese. I mean, I can speak Japanese due to some intense courses over the last month, but I just haven't been able to learn the written form and some of the more colloquial terms. I walked in and smiled hesitantly at the registrar.

‘Hello, I'm the new transfer student from Australia; Amanda Destiro. Could I please have my class schedule?' I asked as politely as I knew how.

'Of course. I hope you like it here at Ouran High school,' she said as she printed off my timetable. I thanked her, and walked out, and frowned as I realised I had no idea where class 1-A was. I hesitated, and suddenly I hear a voice behind me.

'Are you lost?' It asked and I turned around.

'Yes,' I admitted. 'Could you please tell me how to find class 1-A?' I asked and the speaker smiled charmingly. He had red hair and gorgeous amber eyes. I resisted the urge to stare at him.

'Of course. In fact, I'm actually in the same class. This way,' he said softly and led me through the massive building that was more like a palace than a school.

              'What's your name?' He asked quietly after a few moments of silence.

              'My name is Amanda,’ I said quietly. I hate my name, and just about everything else about myself.

              'That’s a lovely name. I am Kaoru Hitachiin,' He said and I nodded and smiled.

              'It’s nice to meet you.'

              'The same to you,' he said, although he looked a little puzzled as to why I spoke so formally. I can't help it; I just revert to being extremely formal when I'm nervous about something. And a new school is always something to be nervous about.

               'One thing though. Seeing as I'm showing you to our class, perhaps you'd like to visit the Host Club after school?' Kaoru asked, and I hesitated. A host club? That would mean speaking to people. It's already taking all my will-power to not run away from Kaoru screaming.

              He noticed my hesitation and back-pedalled quickly. 'You don't have to if you don't want to.'

              'I'll think about it,' I murmured just as Kaoru stopped walking outside a class.

              'This is us,' he said before pushing the door open and pulling me in after him. As soon as I was through the door I yanked my hand out of his, blushing furiously and he smirked at my reaction. I narrowed my eyes at him, as I took in the room.

              The teacher wasn't there yet, and neither was most of the class apart from a few others. Kaoru led me over to a pair sitting in a corner.

              'Good morning Hikaru, good morning Haruhi,' he said chirpily and the two looked up. I did a double take before shrugging it off; Hikaru was clearly Kaoru's twin brother. Haruhi was kind of feminine looking, but not in a bad way.