Chapter 13

A/N: hey guys! I'm somewhat on time. It's still sort of the weekend for me. But yeah. This chapter is kind of short, but that's kind of so that not everything is happening in just one chapter. Also, I'm sorry if the layout gets weird towards the end as I had to type it on my iPod. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good things never last forever. I've heard that saying so many times, and never has it been truer. For a brief moment, when I was on the roof in Kyoya's arms, I thought that for once I could finally be truly happy. I had the most amazing friends, two adoptive brothers that loved me like a real sister and a boy who loved me thoroughly despite my past and my faults.

Up on the roof with Kyoya I had forgotten one important factor; Maki.

The night before:

I returned home from the banquet on a high. Kyoya liked me back, no, he loved me back. Something that I never thought would be possible had happened. He was definitely not the person who I thought he was when we first met. Yes, while Kyoya did have his faults (like researching people) he had a gorgeous inside once you managed to break through his walls. Arisa greeted me at the door.

"Hey Ama-chan! How was your night?" She asked me cheerfully, and I smiled at her in delight.

"Perfect," I replied. "It was simply perfect." Arisa smiled knowingly as she stepped aside so I could walk through the door.

"Does its perfection have anything to do with a certain someone?" She asked slyly, as she closed the door behind me, and I gave her a similar smile in return.

"Quite possibly." Together we walked up the stairs to my room, but sitting on the top step blocking our way were two twins. Hisoka gave me a stern look as he stood up, placing his hands on his hips.

"Now Amanda, am I going to have to beat anyone up?" He asked me as Tadashi mirrored his position. I blinked, surprised, before answering.

"Not that I know of," I said.

"Is that so?" Tadashi drawled, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He quickly typed in his pass code before showing me what was on the screen; a picture of me dancing with Kyoya. I breathed in sharply.

"Who took that?"

"Kaoru," Hisoka answered and Arisa gave me a cheeky smile.

"Amanda, we have so much to talk about. See you later!" She waved to the twins before yanking me up the last few stairs behind her and into my room, closing the door behind us. "Spill," she told me as she sat down on the bed. "I'm all ears." I couldn't contain my delight any longer, and sat down to inform her of everything. She 'ooh'd and 'ahh'd in all the right places, before grinning at me.

"You're definitely growing up Ama-chan," she said happily. "Now, go to sleep. Tomorrow's a big day."

"It is?" I asked and Arisa stared at me in mild shock.

"Amanda, tomorrow's your birthday! Did you forget?"

"Oh yeah, it is," I remembered. "Fancy that. I completely forgot." Arisa shook her head in mock disappointment.

"You forgot your own birthday," she sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

"I have no idea," I said cheekily and she smiled, patting me on the head.

"Go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." With that she quietly padded out and I lay back down on my bed, not bothering to change out of my dress. I smiled up at the ceiling. "Kyoya kissed me," I whispered happily. "Kyoya kissed me."