Chapter two

Pic of Theo.

Theo's PoV 

That did not just happen, no, I'm just wishful thinking. Yeah that's right I am making myself believe the impossible, either that or he was just being friendly. I shake it off but I know it's going to be hard to forget that sinful, sexy smirk all day but I have work to do so I must get a move on. "Good morning Rosie, how is my favourite receptionist this morning" I say as I pass her, just like every other day. "Give over you little pup, get yourself to work and stop slacking. Don't think I don't know your game lazy bones" she grumbles at me. "Aww Rosie, I feel the love as usual" I tease her. I know she would love to crack me round the ear for annoying her everyday but it's just so funny.

I give her her mail and move on. On the second floor I just get down to it, letter after boring letter I hand out, the people here are nice but they lack a spark, it's all work with them. Now I've been told it's because of the sexy boss, he apparently comes down hard on anyone who messes up or doesn't have top notch work for him. I know this is true but come on, a smile or a couple of exchanged words never hurt did they. I finish by eleven and go to the lower floor break room.

Now for the seriousness of upstairs, downstairs is the complete opposite, mostly because of Mr. B, he hires us and runs this department. He's been in the company for twenty years and remembers Mr Truman as a close friend. He tells us stories of how the sexy boss man started out as a junior and worked his way up to the position he's in now. Unfortunately the current boss lacks the fun spirit Mr Truman held but it's his dedication that keeps us in our jobs.

"Hi son, where were you at eight this morning, hum? I had a letter I needed delivered but could I find you? Not a hope. You wouldn't have been ogling your boss now would you?" Mr. B mocks while laughing at me. He knows all about my mild obsession but it's ok. In fact it's nice to have at least one adult interested in me. "Who me? No way, I'm a professional through and through" I say trying to give him the innocent eyes. Of course he doesn't fall for it and he just laughs while slapping me playfully on the back on his way out.

I grab my sandwich from my locker and sit to eat it, it's nice and peaceful until he comes in. That's it folks, my annoying best friend Rob. "Yum, so how was stalker watch today short stuff" he asks while grabbing half my sandwich, luckily I learned years ago in school to bring an extra for him or I'd go hungry. "Paws off you monster. I told you to stop calling it that, I simply have a small look at that sexy man, it's not stalking" I tell him. "Mmyeah wrright" he says with his mouth full, the pig. "Your disgusting dude, I don't know how Noel puts up with you" he lights up as soon as he hears his cute, twink boyfriends name, they've been together for six years and I couldn't ever see them splitting up to be honest. Noel keeps his crazy behaviour in check and he gives Noel the security he needs.

To be honest I would be lost without the pair, they live in the same run down building I do and they are my saving grace. You see, I live with my younger sister Kate she's ten. I am her sole carer, our mom likes drugs more than children so the second I turned eighteen she split, it's whatever it's not like we are any better off with her here, quiet the opposite. Now we don't have to worry about her having 'friends' over or finding her passed out naked or covered in filth. I keep our little, one bedroom apartment tidy and drama free, Kate doesn't need that shit back in her life. I grew up in it she only had to endure seven years of it, most of  those years I did my best to shield her from all the crap as best I could. Rob and Noel are like my right hand men when I need help, so feeding Rob a sandwich everyday is not a big deal to me.

"He loves my big-" Rob starts "shut up, I don't need to hear this you dirt bird" I laugh he's so inappropriate but I still love him. I finish up and tell Rob I'll see him later to travel home together. Noel is an up and coming interior designer and he works from home so he collects Kate after school for me, which I'm grateful for. Work passes by like normal and it's three fifty five when I reach the worst office in the building, Mr Reeds office. Ugh I hate this, everyday it's the same thing, I give him his mail and he gets all creepy and touchy. I knock and enter. Jesus, his hand moves under the table to 'adjust' himself. I shiver.

"Ah, my boy, how are you today, come to see daddy eh" he drawls. I. Am. Going. To. Puke. Daddy yuck, he nicknamed himself that and It makes my skin crawl. "Good afternoon sir, here is your mail" I give him my generic response. He ignores my obvious attempt at deflecting and says "Mmm, always so formal boy, I could teach you to lighten up some. Would you like daddy to do that? Hum sweet boy" fuck sake, just drop the mail and run Theo do. not. get. close. I practically throw the mail on the desk in the hope to get the fuck away from him but of course he's not having that, no, he beckons me with his finger "ah, ah, now what did I tell you before boy?" I sigh "I must hand you all mail directly or you will complain me to Mr. Wallace, sir" I automatically respond, this bastard. I pick up the mail and hand it to him, he takes his chance and grabs my wrist to pull me closer he sniffs dangerously close to my crotch and I want to die. He lets me go but pats me on the butt as I go saying "good boy, daddy will see you tomorrow" I practically run out the door.

I get to the locker room and bang my head against my own locker. I don't know how much more of him I can take, he creeps me out and he's only getting worse but he has my life's in his hands. When I started here he buttered me up, he acted all friendly and nice. We used to have small chats where he would talk about his wife and kids, I eventually opened up and told him snippets of my life, just small stuff about Kate and I. One day last month he asked me oh so innocently "so where are your parents?" Not reading anything into it, I was just thinking it was an obvious question from a friendly co-worker, I told him we were alone and I was her sole carer. Big mistake he started harassing me from then on, first I laughed it off but when it got to a breaking point I threatened to complain him, he just laughed and asked me "ha, who will they believe, a little street rat like you or one of the main earners in this company. Try it and I'll ruin you my boy", that was the first time he called me that and now it's getting worse.

"You ok short stuff?" Rob asks as he comes to the locker next to mine. "Yeah, just a long day. I can't wait to get home to Kate" I tell him. "I know the feeling dude, I miss my bunny" he says calling Noel by his pet name. We leave and I spend the rest of the evening with my most important person, my baby sister who I'd put up with almost anything for.